amusing tale

chesters1

i took my mrs "tiddler bashing" down the local pond last night ,to our horror the chainsaw mob have been there ,one bank had every tree felled (funny though how they always miss that overhanging branch laden with tackle) .we noticed that the swims (the important safe items) were sadly neglected ,the wood fronts having rotted away and the supports wobbly ,before i could say "dont go near the edge its rotten" in she went ,almighty splosh and tidal wave ,

luckily being overweight (as i am) she only got half wet ,if she had been the correct weight she would have gone right under :D ,bless her though she carried on fishing and trounced me as usual ,we were still laughing today :D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

If I was you chesters1, I would complain strongly to your local council and/or MP about the dangerous condition of the swims.

Tight lines and dry feet

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

i blame everybody ! maybe a prime ministers question time question ,or a court of human rights issue ,either the water should have been deeper so the soaking was not biased to the right hand side of her body ,the water should have been drained so no soaking was taken or a sign should have been displayed saying " if you lean on this upright whilst pushing your rodrest into the ground there is iminent danger of a full/partial ((depending on weight)) soaking (or if the pond is drained ,bruising) due to the bad swim maintainence of the club " :D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Chesters1, perhaps an enquiring call to the Health And Safety Executive might get something done as these platforms are an obvious risk to someones life.

Imagine if this had been a young lad setting up or if you were on your own and you were knocked out on the staging on your way into the water.

I'm sure that places such as these are subject to the some rules as far as Health And Safety is concerned.

Tight Lines

Chris

you know me ,i dont cause a fuss it WILL be mentioned to the bailiff when he can be bothered to come round the pond ,if nothing happens then i`ll have a go higher up :)

p.s we went back to the same swim last night but she managed to stay upright :D

its a strange little pond ,the feeder dribble that feeds it will dry up in a couple on months and we`l be fishing on the beach :D the swim platform will then be a step ,i hope the fish start to show no tench or crucian yet just gudgeon ,perch and rudd for the missus :D