Ide advice

Gray-Catchpole

had a great day today fishing "the riverside" caught alot of ide in the 2lb bracket, i fished here with Darrell last year also, its a great place really pretty.

are ide related/hybrid at all with roach/rudd, big eyes, and very upturned mouth similar to chub, are they a fish on there own.

Smelly nets.

Canon S3 IS

Samsung S500

HOBGOBLIN

mailto:grahamnoone@hotmail.com

您在来信中写道

Good thing you waited until now to catch them rather than last month though.

Remember the famous warning "beware the ides of March".

:D

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

As phone said ide are a separate species. I believe I'm right in saying that ide are the same as orfe and have smaller scales than roach. They're not common in the UK and I've never seen one here myself in the wild. However, a friend did catch one about 20 years ago from the Beult, a tributary of the Medway.

Ceretainly orfe, including the golden variety, are being stocked in commerial stillwaters, so we may hear more about them in the future.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

The Ide is pretty widespread throughout Europe although largely in the north and centre rather than the warmer Mediterranean climate. There are a couple of established populations in the UK, with one of the best established being in the River Calder in Yorkshire. They are indeed the original species that the golden orfe was bred from.

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are fictitious. Any similarities to real

opinions, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.

One was caught from the River Trent at Cromwell Weir several seasons ago. Now I've mentioned that, all the swims will be taken up by ide anglers after June 16th.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.