NAA, where are you?

Peter Waller

Some perfectly reasonable questions re the NAA have been asked on the thread relating to 'Angling Societies, what do you want'. A few quite reasonable questions have been asked on the 'Livebaiting to be banned' thread, still no answers. Come on NAA, please respond!

miasma:

A.A.C.A. ............Like it! :D:D

Where do you sign up?...miasma AACA(Pending)

I have had a few e-mails on this one already Miasma! Seems one or two others are also keen to join up.

Seems a bit of thought could go into this one. Its overdue. Founder membership is entirely FREE. A good membership base could prove invaluable.

Peter, I think I am right in saying that the NAA and its group members, based on past experiences, can see little or no constructive use responding on public forums. Prefering instead to use their valuble time where it really matters, on the front line. This is not meant in anyway shape or form to be offensive nor evasive, just practicle and more effective.

Alan.

Thanks Alan. Point taken, to a degree. I think the difference now is a simple one. We all know that the NAA exists, but that is that. The first real battle on our hands, and what do they do? Pass it down the chain so to speak.

To put it bluntly the NAA are noticeable by their lack of 'presence' and apparent lack of 'action'. Where were they when we needed them?

Read all the recent political threads Alan. I am not alone in my concern as to what our National Representative Body is actually doing for angling.

Dear Alan

How nice to see you back posting.....are you now the spokesperson for the NAA????.....My, you do get about.

Right then folks......lets just leave it at that then and sleep tight knowing that informing the many posters on here who would like to know more about the structure and working mechanism's of the NAA.....Working for us all.....is not worth the time or possible PR for the NAA guys. (Although I am not sure that Alan's remarks are a valid voicing for the NAA.)

I'd like to say keep up the good work....but then you would all laugh at me.

Alan, thanks for coming in and easing our unsure minds as to how and what the NAA is all about. It always seems like you come in to fend off any questions and then say that it is not meant to offend or be evasive.....the trouble is, it always is just that....evasive, I mean. (I also find it insulting to 'our' intelligence...but please do not be put out by that!)

To end on a more pleasant note..... :):):):):P

Yours With Respect.....

Steve.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-...q=fishing+forum

720,000 matches.

Whose job is it to monitor each one?

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Dear Alan,

Your quote;

"Peter, I think I am right in saying that the NAA and its group members, based on past experiences, can see little or no constructive use responding on public forums. Prefering instead to use their valuble time where it really matters, on the front line. This is not meant in anyway shape or form to be offensive nor evasive, just practicle and more effective".

Alan.

Offensive? Absolutely not. Evasive? Absolutely.

One can easily say that the NAA is spending their valuable time on the front line or in the broom cubord. Either way, angling wouldn't have a clue where they are or what they were doing there. Why wont they tell us? Why dont they offer individual membership within the NAA? Dont the NAA want individual anglers subscription fees? Who are the NAA officers? What do these officers do? What is the NAA structure?

Incidentally, and this will tickle Peter, I have wrote to the CA with a whole lot of questions mostly concerning what they, the CA, would be prepared to do for course angling memberships. Especially what they would do for course angling representation/involvement.

Once they get back to me, very soon so they say, I will post their reply in full on this thread. Then it will be nice to compare what the CA want to do, or are doing, in comparison to the stuff that the NAA will tell us. Then everyone will surely see where their camp fires should be lit.

Thats if the NAA take up Peters offer that is. Or Steves. Or Dens. Or mine.

Who else wants to know?

Oh Alan. Do you actually attend NAA meetings?

Regards,

Lee.

Do the members of the individual organisations that make up the NAA, get a list of its Officers, Constitution and regular reports of which "front line" it is currently operating on ?

I assume, if you are not a member of any of those organisations, you have no right to any of this information.

Anyone know the answer ?

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

Alan,

I now know why you don't want to exposure to public forums. It's lonely at the top, I agree, been there done that, got the T-shirt as we say in the US.

I do wonder how much more forward the "front line" can get than anglers talking to anglers however.

To imply "public" forums are not worthy of an orginizations effort is akin to:

How a minority

reaching majority

seizing authority

Hates the minority!

Respectfully Quoted: Leonard Harman Robbins.

Phone

Edit, OOPS, forgot credits

[ 12. August 2002, 10:58 PM: Message edited by: phonebush ]