Right You Lot

Zinky

Over the last few months you / we have all had ago about something or other to do with the ""So Called Angling Ban"" that may or may not be implemented.

Loads of bull about getting together becoming one voice a force to be reconed with etc etc.

So we have a plan one of us out in the UK Angling World sets up a website------- Elton its you------

Just aimed a registering every angler that uses the internet.

If you like an Angling Census.

Any advance on this or is it total ******** .

We have the skill to set up the website but its the leagle side that will have to be thought out.

Plan "B" at the NEC 2003 we set up a stand maned by various webmasters from various sites along with helpers. Spend 3 or 4 days getting names on paper.

NEC part of the plan has started.

Any advance on this or is it all total ******** .

Punch The PIG

[ 14. August 2002, 11:55 PM: Message edited by: Dragonbat ]

Anglingforums Intersite Challenge Champions 2003 and 2004 http://www.anglingforums.co.uk

http://www.total-fishingclub.com

Not a bad idea, with this idea and Poledarks petition idea and the help of all the angling webmasters any message could be spread to all internet anglers and they could print off a petition to hand out to non internet anglers.

It wouldnt be much work, a mailing list of all webmasters would be a start so anyone of them could contact the others when needed.

Talking of which, how do you join the webmasters forum on here?

Scott

The Fishing Directory

Some time ago a number of us looked at forming an E-PAC. The PAC was in turmoil with Nev Fickling spitting his dummy out of his pram, big time. Thankfully those days have gone & the PAC is stronger for its skirmish. But the point was that, and this applies to many clubs and organisations, notably the NAA, that anglers join a club and that is that, zilch, nothing. The club has taken their money and that is all that the angler gets. Contact is lost until next years sub is due. No feed back, nothing.

An E club, really like AnglersNet, is daily contact, if you want it. Club issues can be discussed at the drop of a hat. Members can practically sit in on a committee meeting. Effectively committee meetings can be open and continuous. Important issue don't have to put off till the next AGM, they can be actioned immediately.

There is merit in Dragonbats suggestion. Well worth developing. Think of the strength of such a club in political terms, wow! Could be great. Whats the next move?

Perhaps we could call it the A.A.C.A. :D

Peter Waller:

Whats the next move?

In many ways, what has been suggested here is how the SACN operates.

Have a look at the SACN website intro, and the online membership application.

As to your question 'What's the next move?'

It just needs someone with dedication and belief and optimism, and preparedness to put in a lot, a lorra, lorra hours of effort, for months and months and months.

What most of the discussions on many of the threads on here demonstrate is that ideas are ten a penny, the world is full of experts, everyone has plenty of ideas about what everyone else should be doing, and from their armchairs are ready to call others to account.

But at the end of the day, there are precious few individuals who able or willing to put good ideas into practice. And some of those that have been have been ****** off to the point of throwing in the towel :(

So come on lads, enough of what ought to be done, how about getting down and doing it?

Peter, go for it!! :)

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Peter Waller:

Some time ago a number of us looked at forming an E-PAC. The PAC was in turmoil with Nev Fickling spitting his dummy out of his pram, big time. Thankfully those days have gone & the PAC is stronger for its skirmish. But the point was that, and this applies to many clubs and organisations, notably the NAA, that anglers join a club and that is that, zilch, nothing. The club has taken their money and that is all that the angler gets. Contact is lost until next years sub is due. No feed back, nothing.

:D

Peter, what exactly would you like the PAC or other clubs to do for you?

Or judging by the number of posts you make on various forums, perhaps I should be asking what can you do for the PAC?

Please don't think I am getting at you, but I do believe you should be involved in the PAC either at local or regional level. Who knows perhaps you could help form the next committee??

Colin

Colin Brett:

Colin Brett:

:D

Peter, what exactly would you like the PAC or other clubs to do for you?

Or judging by the number of posts you make on various forums, perhaps I should be asking what can you do for the PAC?

Please don't think I am getting at you, but I do believe you should be involved in the PAC either at local or regional level. Who knows perhaps you could help form the next committee??

Colin

I was not critiscising the PAC as it has become. If you think back the PAC was in an unenviable position re the Blithfield affair. It stood it's ground pretty well, made the best of a bad show and is moving ahead nicely. No critiscism of the present set up.

In the past I offered to set up, with Charlie Bettell, a Norfolk Broads Region, that was in the days of the Welsh domination. The outcome is history but it was neither pleasent, nor a success. Its water under the bridge now, but I have always resented the award of a Life Membership to just one member of the Welsh Committee, believing that one man, in particular, cost the PAC many members in the Broadland area.

I am now on the committee of the Anglers Consultative for Norfolk & Suffolk, sitting with Dave Batten. As a pike angler, and PAC member, Dave has my support.

You might have noticed, over the years, a few articles, by me, in Pike Lines. So I do do my bit, albeit small.

All I ask of the PAC is that it carries on the good work.

Back to E-PAC, that was in the offing, just incase the PAC didn't survive Blithfield.

Re an E-Angling Club, its something I think many of us would like to see. It would be active, usable, approachable, open in all respects, quick to trawl opinion & act accordingly. It wouldn't sit on its rear end. It need have no boundaries, it would be all anglers, as opposed to the self elected and chosen few, working together for angling as a whole. It could become an extremely effective pressure group, an extremely effective action group, an exceptionally effective consultation group. With drive & initiative it could succeed where other 'national' clubs have failed.

Hopefully the PAC, RSSG & other sound groups should have nothing to fear from such a body.

Basically it is a case of moving with the times & making good use of modern communication.

Dragonbat:

Ok I will sort out the website any helpers, or are you all talk. :D

Lets just see how this thread develops! Yep, I like the idea, but there are plenty of other opinions out there.

But stop and think for one minute. Do we need yet another angling club/group? Wouldn't it be better if an established body was to grasp modern technology? Granted a few insecure/ineffective committee members might feel threatened, but a strong committee would soon emerge.

Perhaps an AnglerNet E-Club? Everything is in place.

[ 17. August 2002, 12:09 AM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]

Dragonbat:

Ok I will sort out the website any helpers, or are you all talk. :D

From someone who has had a little to say on the matter, I think this should be a goer, there will be an awful lot to sort out, and it's not going to be a walk in the park, my expertise and time do have limits, BUT I WILL HELP IN ANY WAY I CAN, if you need a Nugg I'm here just let me know.

Can we not instigate both options, A and B.

I am encouraged by the idea.

An internet based angling society has my vote.There are several reasons why such a group could work and I will list my reasons below.

1)there is a great advantage of discussing issues with "the group" and as long as there are voting capabilities and it is a democratic society all members should be happy.

2)All anglers can join in no matter what area of the sport they are interested in,and I would include Sea and game fishers here too.

3)If it is to be run by anglers from this forum then all associated webmasters can and should promote the society( I certainly would)and as such there could be a huge membership.

4)As long as it is made clear to existing angling groups that this society holds no threat to them,I see no reason why they could not become affiliated.(now that`s maybe going a bit far but who knows how things could pan out)

5)There are obviously a lot of intelligent, forward thinking folk in this group.If they all were to join and input ideas on how to fight against anglings detractors then the group would be,in my opinion ,very strong.

All that said and done I firmly believe that there have to be rules and these should be discussed as a matter of urgency.Initially there should be a minimum of written rules although as the group grows I`m sure more would follow.

Basically the number one rule should be "all for one and one for all"

The only other thing I have to say at this time is a name.I am wary of using anti-(anything),or "freedom" for the reason that it makes any group sound like the outrageous morons we fight against.

Ok Dragonboat I`m with you.