Great tackle that has yet to be invented!

Peter Waller

What about a paste or boilie bait that releases a small amount of dye into the water so you can see that a fish is taking your freebies. :)

The idea being when the fish eats the food it releases the dye and you see a small cloud of it in the water.

Just an idea :confused:

mpbdsnu:

A mini camera fitted inside a lead so that we can watch any activity around the bait!   :D

Not so far fetched as you might think! The 2001 Cabelas Catalogue featured an underwater anglers camera. Well, as they say, only in America!

Over here Fox are, I'm told, working on the Predi-Cam. Its designed to look like a deadbait. The idea being that when a pike picks up the bait you can watch the monitor for the optimum moment to strike!

Those who insist on letting a pike take a bait right down before striking will be able to see out of the pike's vent before actually :mad: striking :mad:

Peter Waller:

Over here Fox are, I'm told, working on the Predi-Cam. Its designed to look like a deadbait. The idea being that when a pike picks up the bait you can watch the monitor for the optimum moment to strike!

Aren't they also doing one in stainless (looks like a large, shiny boilie) for serious carp anglers?

And I have read articles by folks with the underwater cameras who said they forgot to fish from fascination with watching.

[ 11 June 2002, 06:26 AM: Message edited by: Newt ]

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President