Dave Horton the man tells all

JackPike

Peter Waller:

That's four types then. And everyone likes that sort of cock.

And Dave Woodmansey, in his review of the Chapmans rod and reel deal, says:

"but for the kind of money we’re talking about here, they’re cock-on".

Is that five types now? :)

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peter Waller:

Davey, seems to me that you have a preoccupation with cocks     . Worrying, very worrying.

I do longbow archery when I'm not fishing, and the arrow fletching that points outwards when placed on the string is called the cock feather. Is that another type?

Sorry, what were you saying about preoccupation...

Now, did you know that the expression "cock-up" comes from the archery term? If you have the cock feather or fletching pointing up instead of out, the arrow won't clear the bow properly, ensuring a miss and probably ripping off the fletchings into the bargain.

There. You can't say this thread's not been educational, can you? :D

DavyR:

Now, did you know that the expression "cock-up" comes from the archery term? If you have the cock feather or fletching pointing up instead of out, the arrow won't clear the bow properly, ensuring a miss and probably ripping off the fletchings into the bargain.

There. You can't say this thread's not been educational, can you?    :D  

Is this why you 'Cock' a gun?

And why do we have to 'Cock' a float?

Theres a whole county of 'Cocks' North of the Waveney, most are owned by Mr Matthews, the rest are natives, another name for a male Turkey is "A GOBBLER"

Most of these natives are good at Gobbling and can be found down near the colemans factory late on any night of the week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

RUDD:

]Is this why you 'Cock' a gun?

And why do we have to 'Cock' a float?

I think those two cocks are both in the sense of to incline or lean, as in "cocking your head". Glad to see I'm not the only one interested in language for its own sake. :)

jeepster:

am i a cock dave? on what do you base that?

I didn't say you are jeepster but were!

I base that upon the fact that you think it's fair game to call another Forum member a "cock" and think that it is fair play. Like I said jeepster we all behave like a cock at one time or another I just suspect that your better at it than most but then you might practice more?

Correct me if I'm wrong wont you?