new to pole fishing

malc

could some one please let me know how to set a pole up.i have just bought one for the first time and i havent got a clue.the pole i bought is a leeds powerhouse 11m long with an elastic rating of 14.so please can some one help me out.

Malc,

Do yourself a favour and get yourself a copy of "Bob Nudds Illustrated Guide to Pole Fishing"

It's currently available from Amazon for £5.94p.

Find it here

Peter.

Happiness is a rod in your hand.

I'll second that!

Eeeeeeee older I get the better I was.

I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow - creature, let me do it now, let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.

I'm a fourth to Bob Nudd's book.

Also a couple of other tips.

Start at about 4 metres until you're used to the pole, and then add a few sections at a time. Also depending on what you are fishing for it might be an idea to scale down on your elastic. I started on four as it was the only way I could bumping fish.

Finally for info on floats etc have a lok at www.tackleshop.co.uk/pages/toptips.htm

I couldn't get my head round pole fishing for ages, but now I love it and use it all of the time

• 2 months later...

Is it elasticated yet ?

If not the shop you bought from should elasticate it for you. If you've bought the ople from them they usually do not charge to do it, you just pay for the bits needed (bung, PTFE bush etc).

It should cost about £7 per top kit.

Bob Nudds book is the best I have read yet.

Pole fishing is simple, thats one reason I like it so much!

One thing I would say is get your self a decent pole roller. I have found the Boss ones to be best. If you cant afford one get a Seymo V roller that will screw into a bank stick.

It will help land more fish.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

try and get your self another top 2 section..then you can scale down to what ever elastic you want..if they are big fish then you put your other section on...i have 3 sections for mine and find it very useful for differant waters...that is if you can afford them..they wont be cheap..best of luck useing youe new pole....