loading a centrepin

John Ellison

Which way do most of you load your line on your centrepin? I favour the line coming off on the top, nearest the rod. I control it with my thumb better this way. You have to reel backwards though to retrieve line. I feel you avoid over runs better. Dave Thomas, former world champion uses his facing the wrong way even, with the back plate facing him.

I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow - creature, let me do it now, let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.

The Wallis Casters among us will have the line coming from the bottom (see my video). If you watch Passion For Angling you will see Chris Yates using both methods. When he's using the Swallow centrepin he wallis casts and trots with the line coming from the bottom. When he uses an old wooden reel (the autumn episode I think) he winds backwards with the line coming from the top.

I guess it's what you feel comfy with?

Off the bottom it's the only way to go if you Wallis cast!

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

Off the bottom for me too. I don't use a centrepin much these days although I recently bought a Rapidex for mullet fishing. So for me winding the same way as my normal fixed spool reels is important.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

last time i used one it came of the bottom or the top

i have one of those ones that turn to cast

Dscf0001.jpg

not a true centrepin but closer to a abu 506 ,is that the word "heathen" i hear you cry :D:D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I can't believe I did it. I gave a Rapidex away.

A mate needed some tackle for his son who was starting up. He tragically later committed suicide and I dared not ask his widow for it back.

I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow - creature, let me do it now, let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.