Halibut Lure

Elton

Funky looking jig. Doubt I'll ever get the chance to use one, buy hey-ho...

Youtube Video ->

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Funky looking jig. Doubt I'll ever get the chance to use one, buy hey-ho...

looks good,anything that gives an edge is worth the go i"ll give them a go when i get the chance.

We each pay a fabulous price for our visions of paradise.

Elton very intersting lure big cod love lemon soles most of the bigger cod we catch all have lemon soles in there guts and i have seen them in there mouths many times any wrecks which tend to lie in plodery ground or even sand the cod round those wrecks will allmost certianly have lemon soles on there diet.

paul.

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Is it weighted? The big halibut were being caught on giant storm shads when I was in Norway.

Dan

Was thinking the same Dan. Look effective in shallow water but would you get them down ok if there was any amount of tide running in any decent depth of water? When fishing the southern North Sea and the Danish coast BigCod we have had cod full with Dover soul and lemon souls. So these could work, certainly in shallow water.

Flapper.

Nice idea, I'm trying to work out how to tie a dab 'fly' for tope at the moment.....not long to go now!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

"Was thinking the same Dan. Look effective in shallow water but would you get them down ok if there was any amount of tide running in any decent depth of water?"

Just drop a suitable size weight below the lure. The current should give plenty of action with very little need for the angler to move it around very much. I'd think a 1-2 foot dropper would work pretty well.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President