What Bits Do You Hate....?

Guest Wordbender

Guest Badger at Home

Still hey Tel!

Hi all. I hate that plant that grabs at yer line at the most inappropriate moments, such as when you hook at fish. I hate it, might be Hogweed or something like that, it's useless, has no point on this Earth whatsoever, and I'll gladly go out of my way to kill it. Phew!

Cheers

Dave.

Guest Wordbender

Still hey Tel!

Hi all. I hate that plant that grabs at yer line at the most inappropriate moments, such as when you hook at fish. I hate it, might be Hogweed or something like that, it's useless, has no point on this Earth whatsoever, and I'll gladly go out of my way to kill it. Phew!

Cheers

Dave.

Dave means the water hemlock - the seedheads of which are like bloody velcro. And it's poisonous BTW. Bless.

Tel.

P.S. I showed Dave the extreme power of a correctly-sized piece of cow parsley stem, teamed with 10mm, air-dried boilie ammo, the other day. Man, that ol' pea-shooter had the lad hopping about, I can tell you.

I even managed to break one of his indicators with a particularly brilliant shot. Wait until the elderberries are ripe - Dave and Jimmer will look nice covered in purple splotches.

Terry.

Guest Graham E

Ray, having listened at length to you and your buddies Royalty survey + excellent slide show and at the BS Uxbridge meet, one would never have guessed that Altzimers had set in.

Ray, having listened.........

Sorry, I hate repeating myself!

Guest Wordbender

Trust me, Ray, this ain't ANY variation of 'hemp'. Dave's a bit dopey at the bankside (the other day, that git wouldn't get up and mooch 200 yards from his house to where I was fishing and help me with a weeded carp - which I lost but don't hold a grudge about, much) but it's not THAT sort of dopey.

Water hemlock is loathsome stuff, though - and seemingly line-magnetic.

Terry.

Guest Ray Walton

It also seems to attract landing nets, gloves and my woolly underpants, or is that a different species?

Guest Ian Cresswell

Back to the subject ...

20 things to hate ...

1. How about those slighly soggy 'end of the hot day' deadbaits ... you spend ages making sure that they're secure ... wind up ... cast ... the lead hits the spot and the bait follows its own course minus the rig ... And then you get the laughing Tern or Gull that picks up the free offering. I just hate that.

2. Wasps in your bivvy ... that's quite demoralising/worrying too ...

3. That gust of wind at the crucial moment of setting any item up ... that deserves it's place in the hall of fame ...

4. 'You won't catch here unless you use boilies' ... grrr ...

5. Self appointed gillies ...

6. The 'tackle shop expert' (anglings back seat driver) ... 'You don't wanna do that ...'

7. You just gotta hate maggots getting into your sarnies too ... allied with this is forgetting to shut your mouth when catapulting light freebies out into the wind ... doh!

8. Bedchairs with a mind of their own ... they get the big vote here too ... whether they collapse on you or 'bite' your fingers from time to time they're bad news ...

9. The latest gizmos (that mostly don't work). They're aimed by nasty marketing people at folks like me. I'm a 'kid in a sweet shop' when it comes to fishing tackle ...

10. Seeing tackle being used that is way too heavy for the purpose intended.

11. Bait Scoungers.

12. 'Excuse me do you know how to unhook this Pike that I've just deliberately caught ... it won't worry my swim now huh?'. This leads into the idea of Pike culling which makes my blood boil ...

13. Badly behaved associates (family - particularly kids etc).

14. Excrement in general. The turd (human produced) in plain view of all passing (pun not intended) is a gut wrencher. This category includes blokes taking a **** in full view of all. Not clever, pretty or impressive.

15. Others have said it ... but bite alarms with their volume turned up too high and/or badly used really get me down ... and of course radios etc are bad news ...

16. The father instructing the son loudly. I feel sorry for both and annoyed for everyone else.

17. The mobile phone ... the absolute angling safety dream kit ruined by the 'bank busbys' ... the ultimate in essential safety kit made totally antisocial when put in the hands of an idiot.

18. The need to change tactics only to realise that in order to 'travel light' this time you've left the essential component behind.

19. Secret Squirrel behaviour ... mostly adopted by carpers in Winter. Group pre-baiting and unfair swim holding for 'friends' count in this hate ...

20. The absolute killer and my favourite hate ... bird nesting line and so called remedies ... the random 'line memory knot event' qualifies here as do all of the stupid remedies ... there is no alternative ... chuck the stuff away and never buy it again.

There are more ... many more :-)

Enjoy,

Ian.