Guess the weight competition

tiddlertamer

The winner and undisputed champion of guessing the fish weight is Rusty!

Shame he got the species wrong but a tip top bit of 'fishweightery'. :)

:D:D

So the moral here is that if you forget your scales and want an accurate assessment of weight just send me a pic. If you want to know exactly what species it is probably best to send a pic to someone else.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Missed it! I would have been wrong though, I would have guessed 3lb 2oz, it looks very deep and stocky even though it's short. Was it from a river with crayfish by any chance? They tend to produce deep chub like that.

Well done for ending a run of blanks TT :)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Missed it! I would have been wrong though, I would have guessed 3lb 2oz, it looks very deep and stocky even though it's short. Was it from a river with crayfish by any chance? They tend to produce deep chub like that.

Well done for ending a run of blanks TT :)

It was from the Suffolk Stour. I'm no expert on this particular river but I'm not aware of a crayfish problem. Regulars such as John Weddup would be the ones in the know.

My local river - the river Lea - is stuffed full of them. From one of my favourite swims on a middle stretch of the river, on a day when the water was clear and low, I counted five of them!

Vis a vis angling and blanks, after a successful summer and autumn campaign, my winter season had gone disastrously so I was happy to catch a couple of chub. Not quite up in the league of the ones you’ve been snaffling. More Isthmian League Division One South rather than Premier Division but fun nonetheless! :)

Edited by tiddlertamer

He was an old man who fished alone in a skiff in the Gulf Stream and he had gone eighty-four days without taking a fish. (Hemingway - The old man and the sea)

I've had my fair share of blanks this winter too, in fact in the couple of months before xmas I think I fished every weekend (often both days) for about 2 bites :o Previous winters I've also fished this stretch on and off with absolutely no success at all!

The nicest pint is the one after a hard day's work, if you know what I mean :) We need our blanks.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

It was from the Suffolk Stour. I'm no expert on this particular river but I'm not aware of a crayfish problem. Regulars such as John Weddup would be the ones in the know.

Yep loads of crays in the suffolk stour.

John