NFA

poledark

beat you leon na na nana na :D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come off it Leon! You're playing with words! One party in power, a parliament of different opinions. You know darn well what I meant, I'm sure.

Leon, you know this hoo-haa re the RSSG not being invited to the last SAA committee meeting, what do you reckon?

I'm a member of the RSSG. Its my chosen route, via the SAA, to the NAA. In effect my chosen route to the top was barred because, for whatever reason, the RSSG, an SAA member, was excluded from the SAA committee meeting. Hardly constitutional is it?

Chesters, absolutely no arguement with you mate, far from it. Much of what we are BOTH opposed to has happened in angling. Both the NFA and SACG have been completely at fault in the past. It mustn't happen again. Iron out the faults and move forward. Don't blame the government, BLAME THE SYSTEM!

Lynn, thanks for your reply. The JAGB could be an 'old boys' network, an unconstitutional sub committee. I don't know. Whatever, it just confirms the muddle at the top. It underlines the need for angling to get its act together. For too long now we have had too many people vying for power rather than working for the common good.

As I said, from afar, the JAGB seems a logical way forward. Albeit a tad unconsitutional in that it has been running for a year or three without the angler on the bank being aware of its existance.

[ 15. September 2002, 11:23 AM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]

Peter Waller:

I'm a member of the RSSG. Its my chosen route, via the SAA, to the NAA. In effect my chosen route to the top was barred because, for whatever reason, the RSSG, an SAA member, was excluded from the SAA committee meeting. Hardly constitutional is it?

My apologies Peter. It' just that when you posted:

Dissenters are fine, its just that when they can't get their own way and go out and form yet another group that they can become a real pain in the bum.

I assumed that you were referring to special interest groups such as the RSSG.

I'm even more confused now! :(

Tight Lines - leon

RSSG member.

ps I wasn't at the last SAA meeting, (I was feeling too tired and plumb worn out to face the drive to Leicester and back, let alone the pile of work that needed to be got through once there! - Didn't stop me getting an action point though!)

pps. Nothing in the minutes of the last, or previous SAA minutes about anyone or any group being barred (even more confused!)

[ 15. September 2002, 03:56 PM: Message edited by: Leon Roskilly ]

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Peter Waller:

As I said, from afar, the JAGB seems a logical way forward. Albeit a tad unconsitutional in that it has been running for a year or three without the angler on the bank being aware of its existance.

er, What is unconstitutional about that? What constitution are we referring to?

I begin to see where these debates start getting confused.

An apple is eaten, an apple is a fruit.

A pear is eaten, a pear is a fruit.

A pork chop is eaten, so a pork chop must be a fruit!!

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

chesters1:

people from all parties should form groups skilled in the subject they are discussing not haggling to points score for their party.

Most of the work of parliament is done that way Chesters.

It's done by special parlimenatary committees, with MPs from all parties, sitting together, and sorting out the issues.

As with this forum, the daily constructive grind of those putting in the effort, and obtaining mutual agreement on the best way forward, is largely ignored, and the attentions of the press devoted to the drama and politics of disagreement.

The moaners and whingers vying for attention.

There's no drama in the constructive hard work, put in by most of the people, most of the time.

And so we end up with a nation of cynics, where any drunk in a pub 'knows' exactly what needs to be done to sort out the 'mess'.

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

gordon bennet ,is he a new group :D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Right just ot give a little more of the 'New Angling Devolpment plan set up by the JAGB.

Coaching - (There are 4 levals) quote

Leval 1 - Certificate to 'assist' in the coaching of Angling (game)

Leval 2 - Certificate in the coaching of angling (basic)

Leval 3 - Certificate in the coaching in angling (intermediate)

Leval 4 - Certificate in the coaching of angling (advanced)

Levals 1 & 2 of this new programme will be introduced this summer. Excisting STANIC,APGAI, PAA and NFA insrtuctors will continue to use their qualification titles as a mark of their ability.

Coures will lead to a 'National Occupational Standard Award' (a business NVQ)

end quote.

So the way I read it if you are already one of the above coaches you are only allowed to 'assist' when teaching game fishing and you can only teach basic angling.

Coach Licensing - Quote.

A coach works hard to achieve a qualification. Why then should unqualified 'instructors' take away their business? During 2002 the JAGB will introduce the 'Coach Licensing Scheme' un quote

As I said it is quite a lengthy letter (3 pages)

There is a lot more on the coaching.

Now what I am going to ask is how the hell am I taking business away from 'licenced coaches' when I organise junior event off my own back and for no payment. I do it, a I said for the love of angling and to get kids fishing.

If this means I can no longer organise junior events because I have neither the time, the money or the wish to become a licenced coach. Then who looses out then? The kids!!

I can understand why Les is thinking of closing Projects and I personally am in discussion with various people as to if I will bother next year.

I am in the throws of drafting a letter to Malcolm Hanson. I will let you know how I get on.

I am 'curious' to know firstly 'why' there should even be 'Ethics' for Women in Angling' and just how many women wrote them!!!

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

havent a clue what jagb is so will any certificates that are awarded be recognised by anyone else ,get your C.R.A.S certificates here £50 each discounts for bulk :D

if your teaching kids dont you need a record check or is it for "others"?

also a bit of a blow as initials J.A.G.B. is already in use by horsey types

[ 15. September 2002, 10:33 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]