lure fishing,

tony jolley

I can't stand the bloke but I have to admit that he has written the best available book on lure fishing. Once again, a call to Brundall Angling on 01603 715289 (no, they don't pay me) and ask for 'The Art of Lure Fishing' by Broadland's most popular piker, Charlie Bettell. £12.95, the definative lure anglers book! Probably a fair description although it could do with a thorough update.

On a more general pike theme the PAC, the pike anglers club, do a totally excellent book called Pike Fishing Beyond 2000. For details go to the PAC link which you'll find on my signature. It really has some excellent advice on piking and some really good stuff on lure fishing, more up to date than Charlies excellent book.

Tony, eel sections are a great pike bait :D:D:D Naaaaa, I'd rather not catch a pike than kill an eel!

[ 14. September 2002, 01:08 PM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]

hi there,

If u go to http://www.harrisangling.co.uk then u cant go wrong.There is a free bit on the home-page called 'Find out how to catch more fish' and its free just click on it and read.

Also if u want sum answered then go to the forums all of them are lure fannatics and will gladly help u.

And u can even bye lures for a fair price and if u libe in the UK then delvery is FREE

tight lines

JK :cool:

2PhJuly2013sig_zps25c667b8.jpg

Harris Angling is a great company, they really are behind the present lure angling boom. But price wise, ummmm. Their Half Price Bargains of the Day are really good though. Their prices include 'free postage', if you know what I mean. Have a look on the Internet explorer for Bass-Pro & Cabellas in America, then you'll see good prices!! Makes you sick!

Go to http://www.cabelas.com

Select all products then hit fishing, then drooooooool!!!!!

If you are into trendy camo clothing the thats the place to go.

[ 14. September 2002, 01:44 PM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]

Hi Steeple Jack. How come you're not out fishing? Me, I'm stuck in a blessed office, a 'Who' c.d. on full blast and the p.c. on! Frustrating.

Didn't know Friendly Fisherman had a web site. Got a September issue of Pike & Predator and their ad has an address & phone number but no web site. I'd appreciate it if you do have their web address mate. Their prices are nothing special but their service and advice is next to no ones and they do some really good gear that no one else does, or is hard to find.

Excellent site Here with sections for most sorts of lures. US and largemouth bass oriented but also will apply to pike. This has to be the best single "lure tips" page I've ever found. Rigs and tactics for most any sort of lure you can think of.

[ 14. September 2002, 05:38 PM: Message edited by: Newt ]

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President