Cyclists have no one to share the road with

Colin Brett

later this year as petrol is forecast to double in price!! :angry:

If this report is to be believed?

Surely the whole economy would be liable to collapse if this happened?

Nobody would be able to afford to get to work anymore.! :wallbash:

Fingers crossed it's a hoax??

I suppose we could always go to war to get our own supplies :wallbash:

Colin

later this year as petrol is forecast to double in price!! :angry:

If this report is to be believed?

Surely the whole economy would be liable to collapse if this happened?

Nobody would be able to afford to get to work anymore.! :wallbash:

Fingers crossed it's a hoax??

I suppose we could always go to war to get our own supplies :wallbash:

Colin

Whether it will happen that quick is difficult to forecast, but yes, without any government help up it will go, juicy vehicles will have no value at £10 per gallon :rolleyes:

It is no hoax, time to face facts world fuel demand built on consumerism has exceeded production and oil reserves will go into decline.

So the time has come to put all that hidden technology into the lime light, hydrogen power is the way to go for combustion engines.

That will sort us out on the ground but will not solve aviation problems.

People used to look at me as if I had a few screws loose when I talked about Peak Oil, I don't look quite as stupid now. :rolleyes:

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

is it peak oil or just our enemies getting their own back on the infidels ,i did say long ago the way to punish the west was using oil ,opec decide the price after all ,south america has some alternate fuel so their oil is far cheaper ,i'm surprised "we" havn't found some terrorist "connection" and gone in yet ;)

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

FWIW the gospel according to OPEC is not one of their unwilingness to supply but on our shortage of refinerys. This seems to be at least plausible to me. Whatever the case may be it is ultimately a supply and demand issue, I don't see the price of petrol and diesel falling 'real soon now'.

Whatever the case may be Chesters is right when he says that this is not 'Peak Oil'. There will not be one big peak, IMO it will be preceeded by several smaller peaks with valleys in between. Venezuela has plenty of oil that has not been tapped yet. Who knows what might be found under the taiga in Siberia, or in Alaska?

Ken, a question for you. What are you going to use as a fuel to generate the enormous amount of energy that would be required to generate enough hydrogen to support today's, never mind tomorrows demand for car ownership?

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

It'll be like Mad Max. People will be getting mugged for their Zippo lighters.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.