Seeking the truth

Bob Bradford

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul Boote:

quote:

I am sure some expert will pour scorn on what I have said but just my opinion.

Oh dear. So much barely disguised, political, huff and puff.

Some here appear to have forgotten - perhaps it never even crossed their barely glimmering, human(?) consciousnesses? - that with a healthy population of good old, indigenous (that means born here, right to be here, long before us, and definitely no freeloading foreigners), OTTERS, the mink get eaten and pushed out (and then some).

Fish have to put up with those otter though - as they always did before before we poisoned etc them out.

Meanwhile, in picture-postcard pretty, highly desirable, North Yorkshire, the rivers are raging. Wild, huh?

D'oh! [/QB]

Enter Stage left the expert poring scorn :(:(

Just an opinion Paul not political huff and puff.

I just beleived that Mink could not be blamed for this loss of fish.I am well aware that a healthy polulation of indigenous otter's will displace the American Mink.In veiw of the EA's position that this is due to Mink/Otter preditation it seems that one of these animals may not be the cause.So perhaps the EA should look again and find the real reason.

I do hope the EA do decide to take a closer look in this probelm and find the real cause because all the while it is palced at the door of otters public opinion will alway be on the side of the nice fluffy animal and not the real issue.

Ian formerly Gobio:

Am I the only one here who finds all of this affected ego massaging bullshit?

For f***'s sake, give me a break.

PB I thought you had left forever?

I am glad you want to come back but your style is a tad tiresome. Why the f*** can't you speak in plain English?

If you give me some smartass, convoluted answer I'll f****** scream.

Carry on Screaming, Gob' (in a padded cell, please, otherwise you'll fright our 100% British wildlife).

Luv and kisses to you & Arg,

PB

"What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically...?"

Basil Fawlty to the old bat, guest from hell, Mrs Richards.

Well Bob we can safely assume that PB is a 'no' or maybe that should be a 'dont know'. Or maybe its a 'yes' but its in some sixties 'beat poet speak' that went over all of our heads.

Good luck with the petition mate.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

Bob,Have signed the petition and believe we do need to understand what is happening on the broads.Having both fished and holidayed in the area and spent several days/nights moored in the Herbert Woods boatyard as I have found the entrance to be very productive for large pike I cannot believe any netting would not have been seen by someone?

Good luck. Kevin

The petition is gaining momentum, Lee Kerry ( representitive of England World Youth ) is the force behind this, There is no hidden agenda behind this petition, all we are asking for is the truth, we feel it is important to anglers and non anglers for the EA to carry out a proper investigation , simple as that! I repeat, if it is Mink, they are classed as vermin and the EA have a duty to deal with it.

If it is Otters and they are in such numbers to seriously affect the fish population, (with a knock-on effect to fish eating birds) this also needs adressing,.

If the cause is fish theft, what are the EA doing about it?

If it is none of the above ,then what caused the disappearence of so many thousands of fish, with their scales strewn along the board-walks?

Please sign your name and help find the simple truth,Bob.

I am a match angler .....not an anti-Christ!!!]

Bob Bradford:

Please sign your name and help find the simple truth,Bob.

I am not knocking you now, Bob, but as someone who has seen so much Truth travestied (in our pastime) in recent years, and for whom 'truth'-telling has become something important (personally - always, and as for the corporate and political denizens' take on the thing - pah!...), I can only offer the following from people a lot lot wiser than us.

[still, off to Glastonbury tomorrow, for the last time, with a very 'keen' woman; the "Truth", then, somehow, will surely come out...]

“I always tell the truth. It’s a new way of lying. If you tell the truth people don’t know whether to believe you.” the character Joan Chang in JG Ballard’s novel 'Millennium People' (2003)

“The truth is never pure, and rarely simple.” Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Ernest

“Veritas odit moras,” line from the Roman writer Seneca’s translation of Sophocles’ Oedipus), meaning in English: “Truth hates delay.”

“this absolutely authentic fake stuff” William Gibson about replica retro-chic clothing in one of his influential, briefly super-cool, cyber-punk stories.

"Truth must be protected by a bodyguard of lies.” Winston Churchill

[ 21. June 2005, 09:34 PM: Message edited by: Paul Boote ]

"What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically...?"

A fellow Cynic Paul! I understand what you are telling me, but I feel compelled to try, all the best, Bob.

I am a match angler .....not an anti-Christ!!!]

Bob Bradford:

A fellow Cynic Paul! I understand what you are telling me, but I feel compelled to try, all the best, Bob.

My last words, here, Bob (and for the next few days):

NEVER a cynic. No. Merely a man who STILL believes that we could make things a whole lot better ... if more of us only woke up to reality and didn't always side-step and take the easy way out. It's catching up with us - the horror - now, fast, you know.

ATB,

PB

[ 21. June 2005, 10:00 PM: Message edited by: Paul Boote ]