Seeking the truth

Bob Bradford

No -one has posted on here and offered to show me, fellow anglers ,members of the angling press or any one else you can think of PROOF,simple proof, Otters and Mink exist in such large numbers in the Potter Heigham boat yards, why? because quite simply, they do not!

Re-read my opening post on here, and then please sign your name, we must uncover the truth, the EA are duty bound to tell us, please help put pressure on them by signing, in time we will all know the facts, and the facts are all we should be interested in, not speculation,theory,accusations or rumours, thank you,Bob.

I am a match angler .....not an anti-Christ!!!]

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

281 ! and the petition will be given some coverage in the weeklys, angling Times and Mail,

All good stuff and thank all of you that have made the effort and signed your name, it will make a difference I am sure,Bob.

I am a match angler .....not an anti-Christ!!!]

I havent used this forum for some time and have read through this post with great interest as I fish the potter area a fair bit in the winter.

I have little knowledge of otters but have seen mink preditation first hand.

Has there been a decline in the number of young waterfoul in the area as Mink are an oppertunist killer and if there are mink in any numbers there will be very few young waterfoul about.

Have you seen patches of feathers as though a bird has been plucked?Also Mink will normally leave skelatal remains of prey.

I saw one family of mink kill huge numbers of waterfoul in one lake I fish and the only fish we found was one that had died and been buried which the mink then found.This particular lake had no young waterfoul on it the mink had killed them all we found hundereds of dead birds.

In the end we caught them in traps and the problems stopped.

I am no expert but have seen the problems first hand and this does not sound like Mink from waht I have seen in the past.I am sure some expert will pour scorn on what I have said but just my opinion.

Joe Holdsworth:

I havent used this forum for some time and have read through this post with great interest as I fish the potter area a fair bit in the winter.

I have little knowledge of otters but have seen mink preditation first hand.

Has there been a decline in the number of young waterfoul in the area as Mink are an oppertunist killer and if there are mink in any numbers there will be very few young waterfoul about.

Have you seen patches of feathers as though a bird has been plucked?Also Mink will normally leave skelatal remains of prey.

I saw one family of mink kill huge numbers of waterfoul in one lake I fish and the only fish we found was one that had died and been buried which the mink then found.This particular lake had no young waterfoul on it the mink had killed them all we found hundereds of dead birds.

In the end we caught them in traps and the problems stopped.

I am no expert but have seen the problems first hand and this does not sound like Mink from waht I have seen in the past.I am sure some expert will pour scorn on what I have said but just my opinion.

Oh dear. So much barely disguised, political, huff and puff.

Some here appear to have forgotten - perhaps it never even crossed their barely glimmering, human(?) consciousnesses? - that with a healthy population of good old, indigenous (that means born here, right to be here, long before us, and definitely no freeloading foreigners), OTTERS, the mink get eaten and pushed out (and then some).

Fish have to put up with those otter though - as they always did before before we poisoned etc them out.

Meanwhile, in picture-postcard pretty, highly desirable, North Yorkshire, the rivers are raging. Wild, huh?

D'oh!

[ 20. June 2005, 11:10 PM: Message edited by: Paul Boote ]

"What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically...?"

Basil Fawlty to the old bat, guest from hell, Mrs Richards.

argyll:

Freaky....almost cosmic

Maybe. But FAR cleverer and more ABLE than YOU will ever be...

Regards to you, argulus (parasite, innit?), whoever you are,

PB

[ 20. June 2005, 11:17 PM: Message edited by: Paul Boote ]

"What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically...?"

'Maybe. But FAR cleverer and more ABLE than YOU will ever be...'

..but not so clever that you cant resist a bit of churlish name calling.

At least you've demonstrated that lucidity is not beyond you. Or do you just fade in and out?

Hate to drag you back from your flowery sojourn but Bob was trying to raise support for what appears to be a reasonable request of the EA.

Wild, huh?

[ 20. June 2005, 11:29 PM: Message edited by: argyll ]

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

Paul Boote:

Paul Boote:

Freaky....almost cosmic

Maybe. But FAR cleverer and more ABLE than YOU will ever be...

Regards to you, argulus (parasite, innit?), whoever you are,

PB

Ah, suddenly all sweet reason, it appears.

Peter Waller was RIGHT, earlier in this thread - if a VERY FEW of "us" now (for weird, peculiar, possibly even half-deranged reasons, almost certainly best known only to them/"our"selves) take a big stick to the EA, then the EA will take a look (not even a long hard one; it's hardly necessary), and just think: "Tossers!"

Not good for "us", or the fish, or our futures...

Regards etc,

As ever,

PB

argyll:

'Maybe. But FAR cleverer and more ABLE than YOU will ever be...'

..but not so clever that you cant resist a bit of churlish name calling.

At least you've demonstrated that lucidity is not beyond you. Or do you just fade in and out?

Hate to drag you back from your flowery sojourn but Bob was trying to raise support for what appears to be a reasonable request of the EA.

Wild, huh?

Better get it right - I was replying to the above.

Ah, suddenly all sweet reason, it appears.

Peter Waller was RIGHT, earlier in this thread - if a VERY FEW of "us" now (for weird, peculiar, possibly even half-deranged reasons, almost certainly best known only to them/"our"selves) take a big stick to the EA, then the EA will take a look (not even a long hard one; it's hardly necessary), and just think: "Tossers!"

Not good for "us", or the fish, or our futures...

Regards etc,

As ever,

PB