seeking - good fish supplier

Bradford Angler

can anyone help ?

I am looking for a good fish supplier who can get me the following fairly quick

(1) 1,000 1lb Roach (English)

(2) 2,000 2 - 4lb Bream (English)

Has anyone recently had an order like this filled, can anyone recommed a good supplier . .

please feel free to PM me . .

Ideally the fish need to be stocked before end April.

hey waddaya know I can spell tomato !

http://www.coarsefish.demon.co.uk/prices.htm

Try the above.

It has a list of prices and contact details.

My club " Ladywood Angling club "

has bought bream from them.

The last bunch : 11 fish 141lb

They were big doubles, we are hoping they will spawn so we get their strain of skimmers for the future.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

have ordered some from

Kevin Whincup of Carpvale

already, but am after another source too.

It is a big order I know...

Bigman the water is Knotford Lagoon *Bradford no1

it is for the 125 year regeneration project we are running on it. For more details inc membership try the club site . . . free advertising eh :)

• 2 weeks later...

Havn't read the posts for a while so you may have already ordered. If not, have you tried Humberside Fisheries. I have used them for years. Fish always arrive at agreed delivery time and in good condition despite the long drive down to Suffolk. They are based in Driffield.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Easty . .

the remainder of the stock we took from several other fisheries suppliers - Ken was one of them from Humberside . .

sure they won't mind the plug but .. we put in

3,500 Bream to 10 inch

350 Tench to 10 inch

3,000 more Bream 8 to 10 inch

and 380 Bream 2.5 - 4.5lb

on the end of a previous thread (and for Bruno) we eventually saw the odds were stacked against us with the Carp removal and have adopted the live and live approach . . . hopefully this recent addition will spurt the coarse action back into life :)

carefull with the sizes ,our fisheries manager tracked down a firm from wales that said they could supply 6 to 8 inch roach (our local one had only 4 to 6 inch at present) when they arrived at the pond they were all <6 :confused: the wales firm measured from nose to end of tail our local chap measured from nose to crook :) the result welsh fish at a higher cost than local ones :(

it seems the hardest fish to find are large crucians ,they breed young and proceed to overpopulate the pond stunting themselves

[ 15. April 2003, 10:12 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson