Will tackle prices rise?

RUDD

Do you think tackle prices will rise due to the earthquake/tsumami/nuclear problems in Japan.

I am thinking carbon cloths, mono, hooks and reel gearing.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Possibly, but 20p more for a pack of hooks isn't much compared to what they're going through :(

As famous fisherman John Gierach once said "I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I like fishing because it's the one thing I can think of that probably doesn't."

Do you think tackle prices will rise due to the earthquake/tsumami/nuclear problems in Japan.

Do bears Poo in the woods?

Libya = oil problems

Bankers want more profits

I thought most of our fishing tackle came from China

Edited by watatoad

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

Perhaps, but it ain't necessarily so. Yen are going to get cheaper, so some items may end up costing less.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Im with Cory.After such things the need for more money often results in lower prices. However if the supply of raw materiels (Allthough a lot of rods are built in China a lot of the carbon fibre cloths come from Japan) is interupted we could see rises.Mind you Im sure many suppliers (normally the Western "middle men") will use it as an excuse to up their prices...........

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Im with Cory.After such things the need for more money often results in lower prices. However if the supply of raw materiels (Allthough a lot of rods are built in China a lot of the carbon fibre cloths come from Japan) is interupted we could see rises.Mind you Im sure many suppliers (normally the Western "middle men") will use it as an excuse to up their prices...........

Spot on...they are the bunnies who live for price/profit increases and any excuse does.

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God