If you sea fish in Scotland, or have done so in the last three years this concerns you !

Ian Burrett

If you sea fish in Scotland, or have done so in the last three years this concerns you !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is probably the most important event to affect RSA in Scotland so far and it is crucial as many people as possible respond to show the government how strong the RSA sector is.

It's a simple online survey that will take just a few minutes to fill in

Every request from SSACN to the Scottish Marine directorate has been met by "Wait until the survey results are published"

Please email the URL (website address) to your friends, club secretaries, show it to tackle shops etc etc. The more people that respond the more the government will have to take note of us.

From the ssacn website http://www.ssacn.org

A team of economists from Glasgow Caledonian University are working to produce an economic assessment of recreational sea angling in Scotland.

Although the Scottish Government and the Marine Directorate ‘go the extra mile’ to support commercial fishing activities they have always been reluctant to make any significant moves to support recreational sea angling on the grounds that there is little data regarding how much it is worth !!.

When completed, this study will help to ensure that policy makers understand Scottish sea angling’s true significance and how best to realise its future potential.

In order to maximise the impact of this work it is essential that as many sea anglers as possible complete the on-line questionnaire at www.gcal.ac.uk/econsurv/seaangler3.htm

Please take the time to fill in the questionnaire, pass on the message to your friends and encourage as many others as possible to provide their input.

You don’t have to be Scottish, just to have fished here within the last three years.

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk

In order to maximise the impact of this work it is essential that as many sea anglers as possible complete the on-line questionnaire at www.gcal.ac.uk/econsurv/seaangler3.htm

Please take the time to fill in the questionnaire, pass on the message to your friends and encourage as many others as possible to provide their input.

You don’t have to be Scottish, just to have fished here within the last three years.

No disrespects but the ssacn has broken away from the scan, also Scotland has chosen devolution and some require a total seperation from the rest of the uk. The Scottish fishing industry also wishes to be detached from the rest of the uk, Locheads words, so why do you require the help. You chose to be secular, don't forget the bass issue last year where the comments back from the north and also the north east on this very forum was: bass, nothing to do with us, not our problem. Please explain.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

No disrespects but the ssacn has broken away from the scan, also Scotland has chosen devolution and some require a total seperation from the rest of the uk. The Scottish fishing industry also wishes to be detached from the rest of the uk, Locheads words, so why do you require the help. You chose to be secular, don't forget the bass issue last year where the comments back from the north and also the north east on this very forum was: bass, nothing to do with us, not our problem. Please explain.

Dont really think that would be the message you got off Ian though Barry, I cant speek for him but would guess he would be supportive of the issues you discuss. Remember The North east coast is very long and its even further into Scotland so don't lump us all together, its as far again into Scotland as it is from London to the north east of England.

If you had of got your bass plans separate and not tried to impact on other types of fishing you would have got a lot more support on the bass front from all around the UK not just the NE, this could still be the case if you can get your representives to fight for changes to bass angling only. Sadly the licence, bag limits, bait digging restrictions ended up applying to everyone so many people were suffering for the gains of a few, how could you expect people to support something which meant they would loose out on something. Its just logical that they wont support that Barry. I still note to this day that BASS and SACN are pressing ahead with their selfish agendas. They really need to learn a lesson and separate out species and regions.

I dont know how to emphasis this any stronger Barry, Its not that we say Bass is nothing to do with us we dont want to know, it is that we say one size does not fit all. Change that and you will get a lot more assistance.

Edited by glennk

Dont really think that would be the message you got off Ian though Barry, I cant speek for him but would guess he would be supportive of the issues you discuss. Remember The North east coast is very long and its even further into Scotland so don't lump us all together, its as far again into Scotland as it is from London to the north east of England.

If you had of got your bass plans separate and not tried to impact on other types of fishing you would have got a lot more support on the bass front from all around the UK not just the NE, this could still be the case if you can get your representives to fight for changes to bass angling only. Sadly the licence, bag limits, bait digging restrictions ended up applying to everyone so many people were suffering for the gains of a few, how could you expect people to support something which meant they would loose out on something. Its just logical that they wont support that Barry. I still note to this day that BASS and SACN are pressing ahead with their selfish agendas. They really need to learn a lesson and separate out species and regions.

I dont know how to emphasis this any stronger Barry, Its not that we say Bass is nothing to do with us we dont want to know, it is that we say one size does not fit all. Change that and you will get a lot more assistance.

Hi Glennk. At the time of the bass mls, it was a single issue that was being dealt with. I have no support for licences, bag limits or bait digging restrictions, unless there is clear independant evidance to show that anglers have a detrimental effect on the stock. I am also not a member of bass, you have appeared to lump me in with them though -_- again at the time the mls for that one specis was important, still is, also the mls for codling is very small. Bass is one of very many specis that is of interest, however, again at the time i saw the class of the bass size diminishing and still do that is why it was supported and still is. Two or three times i linked bigger bass, better days. They ain't there now but that is where they live, only at a smaller size. To date there is no evidance of improvement.

I am trying to find the posts around the bass issue time and agree that it did not come from Ian, but it certainly was from up north. You help me and i'll help you appears to be appropriate.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Hi Barry

The reason ssacn was formed, with the complete support of sacn was because Scotland has its own government with a completely different set of rules and regulations. We needed an organisation to take on the Scottish administration with the ability to raise its own funds.

To raise funds we needed to become a charitable status which meant a constitution, office bearers etc. sacn has no funding and no bank account and no constitution.

We had no alternative and hopefully we will provide the model for Welsh and Irish sacn to follow. just think of us, as of evolving out of sacn

I am still the Scottish regional coordinator for sacn and both organisations communicate on a daily basis.

Also Barry AN isn't just an English forum and many Scottish folk post on here

I hope this helps

Edited by Ian Burrett

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk

Barry, sorry but all they are asking is for you to fill in a survey?? And it is if you HAVE fished in Scotland in the last 3 years?? You either have or you have not as far as I can see?? And secondly it is about FISHING??? Or am I being too simplistic??

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

I am trying to find the posts around the bass issue time and agree that it did not come from Ian, but it certainly was from up north. You help me and i'll help you appears to be appropriate.

You summed it up perfectly Barry. Bass anglers could help other anglers by outlining a plan that makes it clear any measures MUST be for bass only and will impact in no way on the fishing of other species. Then in return other anglers help out by supporting that bass plan. Sadly theres too many personnal agendas amongst the fishing reps and they are willing to tread on everyone elses toes to get towards their goals - Hence no support.

Simple, Basic Logic.

Edited by glennk

Barry

I was one of those from the NE that was highly critical of the B.A.S.S. proposals and am still of that mindset and at the time of the consultataion period posted on here my concerns about SACN's and B.A.S.S.'s plans and how they would impact on other areas of the UK without any thought or consideration to other anglers in other areas.

The issue of bait digging restrictions licences and government interference and bag limits were too much to ignore when a blanket coverage of issues were being discussed and were to be imposed on the English anglers who for the most part concentrated their fishing effort on species other than bass

I supported the raising of the mls at the time and still do as any landing size of any species has to reflect its ability to spawn at least once before capture, just as an aside I was catching bass up here 30 years ago and at a good size when I was told frequently that they (bass) never came this far north

Rather than spoil Ians thread about support for Scotland if you would like to start a new thread to discuss any issues raised by either Glenn or myself I would be happy to go along with that

Barry - you really seem to have gone off on a total tangent here assigning the aspirations of a political party, the views of a commercial fishing sector and comments by others on this forum, as in some way being related to SSACN.

SSACN was formed by various Scottish groups (check our web page) interested in conservation banding together to form a single entity to address Scottish issues, this is not being secular, it is recognising our issues are in general in Scotland and we need to work with the Scottish Executive and Scottish Marine Directorate to get them addressed.

If you have fished in Scotland over the years you will probably have noticed that the quality of the fishing has severely declined. We are trying to get the Executive and Marine Directorate to make efforts to regenerate it -- so far their basic line has been 'we don't know the value of it so we don't know if it's worth the bother'.

That is the point of the study and We want them to bother.

As others have pointed out, all we are asking is that if you have fished in Scotland, please undertake the questionnaire - tourist income is very relevant !!

If you haven't - you haven't and so you are not being asked to do anything.

www.ssacn.org