Spring's here and I can't resist it.

Rusty

Well done Ian, I'm trying to picture what a 3lb rudd looks like but I can't. Any pics?

They look great Chris, even in torch light. Unfortunatly I forgot to take the camera so took one with my mobile phone which wouldn't flash leaving me with a black screen :rolleyes: . The rudd was very deep in it's body, sort of similar to a bream I suppose. I did once catch a 3lb 3 ounce rudd from the very same water and have had countless others between 1lb and 2 1/2lb, and that's only fishing the place a handfull of times a year. If someone was to do a bit of a campaign targetting them I would imagine they'd be well rewarded. I always catch mine when I'm after the tench and they only seem to be catchable after the hours of darkness ...the water is a very very spooky place after dark on your own, and I ain't jokin :unsure: , I'll only stay on my own after dark if I'm tooled up to the teeth incase of dee boogie man :D .

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They look great Chris, even in torch light. Unfortunatly I forgot to take the camera so took one with my mobile phone which wouldn't flash leaving me with a black screen :rolleyes: . The rudd was very deep in it's body, sort of similar to a bream I suppose. I did once catch a 3lb 3 ounce rudd from the very same water and have had countless others between 1lb and 2 1/2lb, and that's only fishing the place a handfull of times a year. If someone was to do a bit of a campaign targetting them I would imagine they'd be well rewarded. I always catch mine when I'm after the tench and they only seem to be catchable after the hours of darkness ...the water is a very very spooky place after dark on your own, and I ain't jokin :unsure: , I'll only stay on my own after dark if I'm tooled up to the teeth incase of dee boogie man :D .

Nice one Ian. :thumbs:

Maybe i should get down there to look after you Ian. Its not the big rudd and tench fishing, i just don't like to think of a little lad like you being scared. :lol:

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

Nice one Ian. :thumbs:

Maybe i should get down there to look after you Ian. Its not the big rudd and tench fishing, i just don't like to think of a little lad like you being scared. :lol:

Same thought had crossed my mind <_<:lol: .......Chavy yooof giv us your gear .......ouch biff bash thump zammo.....OK Ok enough already you appear to have accidently stabbed my mate wiv your dinsmore bankstick.........................

Edited by JV44

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Same thought had crossed my mind <_<:lol: .......Chavy yooof giv us your gear .......ouch biff bash thump zammo.....OK Ok enough already you appear to have accidently stabbed my mate wiv your dinsmore bankstick.........................

It's not the chav's that worry me....it's dee boogie man plus there's Jeepers Creepers, Wierwolves, Count Dracula, Swamp creature, the Mummy, The Hand etc :lol:

Hammer house of horrors left me with mental scarres you know :lol:

Brian, get yourself over for a few hours m8 :)