cost of bait in your area

Bradford Angler

how much do you pay in your area for Maggots

at present we are on 1.50 per pint (grubs) then the sawdust or polenta is added after (not a cost, just to make sure us winging northerners get a full pint).

we have a local breeder who is selling at 1.30 per pint, but they need cleaning off. Unless you are fishing a big river then it is not worth it anymore . .

hey waddaya know I can spell tomato !

Where do you buy yours from Bradford?

Paul

In Coventry maggots are £2.20 and casters are £2.50 a pint, although the bait is excellent. How I would love to only pay £1.50. Some people are so lucky. How is it there is uch a variation in price over the country? :confused:

Seph :confused:

Paul

Last Summer it was 2.40 "I think" for a pint of maggots complete with a lot of bran etc ,casters were a lot dearer and quality was not great.

Continental groundbait went up to 2.80 -3 quid depending which shop you went into.

Is it the same in England where you have to specifically order maggots,casters just to make sure you get them for a week-end session?.We have to over here in N.Ireland.There are times when I've had to go fishing without them,simply because I didn't put in an order mid-week. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: