Where is the best grayling fishing in yorkshire

Tyke

I usually fish the Seven and Rye but both rivers have gone downhill of late.

Can anyone reccomend any other day ticket grayling fishing in the yorkshire area.

Out of interest is there any grayling fishing at all in Lincolnshire?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bradford City AA have the rights to some fantastic Grayling fishing, in particular, on the River Ure at Aysgarth (very scenic) and on the River Aire between Broughton and Gargrave.

Bradford No. 1 AA as well as City also have good waters on the Wharfe downstream of the fantastic Bolton Abbey water at Addingham and below at very, very reasonable rates.

Tight lines

Paul

Phone,

Our native species is Thymallus thymallus, apparently named after the herb Thyme after which it is supposed to smell, or some say it smells of Cucumber. I've never noticed those aromas on any I've 'sniffed' probably because mostly they've been caught at sub-zero temps and the old hooter wasn't very discriminating, but a wonderful adversary it definately is.

Paul

Tyke,

I'll have to double check on my facts but can't get to my yearbook at the moment I'll find out for sure tomorrow and post.

I'm fairly sure that the Bfd City Aysgarth stretch is available on day ticket to non-members. It is a catch and release water though and has been since the start of this season.

The Bradford City stretch between Broughton and Gargrave is members only and you also require a day permit (free on application to the fly section secretary, the number of rods are limited so that it doesn't become crowded). If you don't live too far away I would say it is well worth joining City. There is a joining fee of approx.30 quid and year membership for about the same, can't remember the exact figures. P.S. there is also cracking water available in the upper Wharfe at Buckden and the like.....bit too dificult for me though.....but nice to wander along..!!

Bradford No.1 has pretty much all day ticket availability on the Wharfe. Try http://www.bradfordno1.com

Great waters....if only for the scenery...but even I can catch the occasional fish here.....!!!

Paul