Straw Poll: If you only had two flasks this winter..

Paul_D

One for mulligatawny soup ... that curry flavour is sure to warm you up and you can always add a few maggots for extra meat and you don't taste them at all!

Or you could dunk the maggots in the soup to flavour them ... especially good in the winter months. :)

The second, for the hemp of course, and if you strain the seeds off through your maggot riddle the liquor makes an excellent weak tea when infused with wild chamomile or mint, just the thing to keep you calm on the bankside when the weather turns nasty. :P

Our perception of time as an orderly sequence of regular ticks and tocks has no relevance here in the alternative dimension that is fishing....... C.Yates

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we do, it gives our drinks a little more body :D:D

the worse things about foreign tea is those silly little liptons bags on a string ,you couldnt get a good brew if you used a box full , johnie foriegner NNNOOOOO i`m sure its a plot to weaken us ,they`l be inviting us into europe then banning tea ,just to rub our noses in it ,a life of liptons :mad: :)

[ 16. October 2002, 08:52 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Only a complete bounder would even contemplate making tea with water that wasn't still boiling. I rarely drink coffee, but I would rather take black coffee in a flask than drink tea that wasn't freshly made in a pot. Some actions are just beyond the pale in a civilised society.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

hear hear ,blaggards all of them :D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Peter Sharpe:

Only a complete bounder would even contemplate making tea with water that wasn't still boiling. I rarely drink coffee, but I would rather take black coffee in a flask than drink tea that wasn't freshly made in a pot. Some actions are just beyond the pale in a civilised society.

Yes, but when you're freezing your extremities off even warm tea is better than no tea, particularly when you don't normally drink anything else. So anywhere other than on the bank I'd agree with you, but I guess I'm still just a bounder :D

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are fictitious. Any similarities to real

opinions, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.

Why not take a large water-container in the back of the car and use a Kelly kettle to produce boiling water at a couple of minutes' notice?

Fresh tea, piping hot coffee, "instant" packet soups (some are quite good) all available - no need for either/or decisions.

A small flask of brandy improves most coffees.

You can either buy the Kelly or write an amusing letter to "Waterlog". If its the best letter of the month (*) you get a free Kelly (I've acquired two that way)

(*) but of course Waterlog is only published every TWO months - its still six kettles a year up for grabs.

[ 17. October 2002, 02:03 AM: Message edited by: Vagabond ]

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

do you mean i have to take the mrs as well to make it, someone asked me if i took sugar i had to phone home to ask , well how would i know i only put the kettle on what happens after is a mystery :)

:confused: There'd be no room for the tackle left if I took that lot....

Paul