David 'Flash Gordon' Cameron vs. Gordon Brown

HERUTILUS

Greetings Fellow Members On Easter Sunday. :)

Read a good story I did in a mid-week edition of The Times. I don't know if you remember, but the last thing that Oor Gordon did when he was levered out of No.10 was to reduce the Prime Minsterial salary from approx. £190K per annum to circa £145K per annum? The papers at the time said his action(s) were totally unconstitutional, but everything that Gordo did was 'unconstitutional' for someone, were they not? I know that Davy boy doesn't really need the money, but £50K is a lot of money, even to a member of the Notting Hill Set.

Well, it would appear latterly that Gordo fancied becoming the top man in the IMF [international Monetary Fund], a hugely influential organisation as you well know! Well, the one thing Gordo had not reckoned on was that he had to get the nod from David Cameron before he, Gordo, could be put forward as a candidate. David's words, in terms of refusing to condone Gordo's application, went along the lines of "I really cannot see how someone who totally denied that we had a serious debt/deficit problem in this country can be putting himself forward as an advisor to countries who are having similar problems". OUCH!!

Another aside from the 'Times' article went along the lines of "It is rare that such direct comment is made by the incumbent PM to the former PM". It would appear that there is an unwritten code-of-conduct in The House which suggests that 'the common courtesies' are maintained twixt incumbent & & former ministers. <_<

Not this time around they weren't. In my humble opinion Gordo got what he deserved. <_<

Regards,

Mr H. :)

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It appears that the IMF dont take much notice of Cameron, as G.Brown is now an IMF advisor.

The inmates really are in charge of the asylum :huh:

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

It appears that the IMF dont take much notice of Cameron, as G.Brown is now an IMF advisor.

Maybe the IMF too notice of the American president when he said that if it had not been for the then British PM (Gordon brown’s) intervention and leading commitment to bailing out the banks when he did, the European banking system would of totally collapsed followed by a non reversible financial catastrophe throughout the western world. :o

Flapper.

Edited by flapper

The inmates really are in charge of the asylum :huh:

Dear Sportsman,

In terms of your response, "The inmates are in charge of the asylum", all I have to say is "exactly"

Also, I've got David's 'House of Commons' nickname wrong, it's 'Flashman', not 'Flash Gordon'. Sorry. :mellow:

Nothwithstanding what several fellow members have said in response to this thread, all I have to say is this "Gordon Brown wasn't fit to run the Friday night domino handicap in our local w/mens club", truly a dreadful man! <_< Some say Gordo's currently an advisor to the IMF; well, one would assume that he's being paid 'expenses only' for that job & what David's trying to do is prevent Gordo being paid a big £number, '£astronomical' more like, for being the appointed head of the IMF?

I fancy, could well be wrong mind you, that the country from which the head of the IMF emanates pays the salary for the job. Now wouldn't that be a goodun, Gordo back on the public, or in his case 'pubic', payroll? <_<

Now, before any of you gallant gentlemen spring to Gordo's defence please do some research and discover the damage Gordo single-handedly did to private sector pensions in this country, not his beloved public-sector pension schemes mind you, just those of the private sector. :angry: Be prepared to be shocked, appalled, or whatever.

Please enjoy what left of this glorious Easter holiday.

Regards,

He of The H. :)

Are you sure ?

If its this appointment, http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2011/ap...imf-consolation is not quite the same thing.

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

Are you sure ?

If its this appointment, http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2011/ap...imf-consolation is not quite the same thing.

http://www.europe-current-events.com/2011/...ter-imf-rebuff/

Yep hes an advisor as part of this think tank. An unpaid position apparently.

I have no thoughts on the guy one way or the other to be honest, just seems strange that if he is such a disaster, that he was even considered for any position at all.