badger tackle

saskcarp

What do you think of badger tackle?

They have some good prices but what is the product quality like?!I am interested in the carp tackle!

Cheers,

Rick.

[ 01. April 2003, 11:32 PM: Message edited by: saskcarp ]

The Gas

pirate.gif

Hi Saskcarp

Badger promote it's tackle as being cheap, although cheap does not always mean rubbish. I've had a few items from them in the past, some good, some not so good.

Their chairs are strong and robust with pretty good quality, so i'd imagine the same with the bedchairs. You should expect them to be on the heavy side as they utilise steel instead of aluminium.

The luggage i've used before were all pretty good so good value there.

Alas there have been some poor products, ie: rod pods, which I couldn't recomend. Also I wouldn't have to much confidence in their bait.

Couldn't comment on their rods as i've never seen or used any.

Ant :)

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

quote:

PS what is pescaviva?

It is a brand name.

They make alot of tinned sweetcorn which is very good.

i have caught my two PB bream on the strawberry version 11.5lb and 10.5lb

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

The poles are excellent value for money,some of the reels ie,the baitrunners are also good value.

Unfortunately some of the luggage tends to raise an eyebrow along with some of the seats and bedchairs,because the stitching tends to be a bit weak.

The problem with Badger tackle, especially the reels, is that they will never be taken seriously as long as they persist in plastering them with that naff, tasteless and unwanted lettering. You might have thought that they would have learned the lesson from looking at Shakepeare tackle; seemingly designed by colour blind primary school children with wax crayons, and guaranteed to make a laughing stock of anyone using it. On second thoughts though, if Des Taylor promotes it...

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.