wd 40

scott-smith

ever wondered why they sell wd 40 at your local tackle shop. well i thought it was to oil reels but infact it is used as a bait flavour. i tryed it for the first time last year and it was excelent. so i have used it ever since. i use it on every thing as an adative to ground bait on lures and on my maggots and worms. you can use it any where on rivers on lakes and salt water. try it and tell me what you think.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suggest that you read the side of the can and look at the ingrediants. I cant remember which it is but at least one of these is HIGHLY toxic.

This subject has come up before If memory serves me correct even the manufacturers state it shouldnt be used in this way.

Guest Ferret1959

It does not have any TOXIC warnings on the can.

There is no warning saying it's harmfull to fish or any other wildlife.

I got intouch with WD40(in the U.S.) sometime back and they said it wouldn't harm fish.

Just think how much is sprayed in to the water by people tying to start wet engines on boats.

Don't marinas have a good head of fish??

I had used it in the past when spinning for Perch and found it good.

DSC00014.JPG

I use grease and a small amount of petrol mixed together to oil things because I find WD40 is not as good. It is very good for putting a polish on bikes and other metal work though!

Tight Lines,

Matt AKA "The Kid!"

FishingPosts

I use grease and a small amount of petrol mixed together to oil things because I find WD40 is not as good. It is very good for putting a polish on bikes and other metal work though!

Tight Lines,

Matt AKA "The Kid!"

FishingPosts

I think this topic is about four days too late.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

It does say on the bottom of the can that if swallowed call doctor IMMEDIATELY. From that I take it that WD40 should not be taken internally.

I would suggest that it is irresponsible to ignore this warning, whether it be humans or fish swallowing said product.