Carp Weight

Hereford_angler

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

always tricky to guestimate a fishes weight in a picture.

I'd hazzard a guess of 6.5lb give or take 8oz

nice fish

[ 21. January 2003, 10:32 AM: Message edited by: singy ]

Paul Singleton

With all that nice, thick grass, I shouldn't think a mat would be really needed.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Possibly Newt, but who is to say that the next fish caught wasn't going to weigh 20lbs or more?

If you get into the habit of always having a mat with you (Shakespeare do one which rolls up quite small and is so light, you don't notice the weight)then you are always prepared in case a biggie comes along. Added to that, it's good to kneel on if you've got dodgy pins, like me.

Nice photo though, it reminds me of Summer fishing (I need reminding!!). I love taking Carp off the surface. Some seasons I catch most of my Carp that way. As for the weight, about 6-7, unless Hereford Angler is 7 feet tall!

Actually, if you come from Hereford (Angler), you must know Docklow Pools. It used to be fabulous surface fishing there. My Other Half (Anya) comes from Leominster (which is nearby) and I used to be promised a day fishing at Docklow, if I promised to be a good boy and not swear in front of her Dad!

Dunk Fairley

Fighting for anglers' rights - Join SAA today at http://www.saauk.org

I reckon between 6-7lb, and a lovely fish too.

With regard to unhooking mats, if the fish is too big to hold in one hand and unhook it with the other, then you really ought to be using an unhooking mat. A misbehaving carp will flap off in all directions, usually towards danger! :rolleyes:

Pretty fish! :)