What were your targets and how are you getting on

Screaming Reel

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My target this year was to catch my first Barbel. I have managed 4 now which has been fun. I have now seen some good sized river carp in the stretch I have been fishing and as I have not caught any before, I am going to give them a go as well.

mine was to catch a fish on the fly - not yet

catch pb carp from club water - not yet

catch a chub from the Avon - completed

catch a river carp - not yet.

actually i don't mind as i had such a stonking good year last year when i caught my first barbel that i am still living off that one.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

My target was to take much less kit on every trip, so I could move around without half an hour's packing up and a minor heart attack every time I needed to move.

So far so good. No more than 2 rods, usually only one, on each trip. I've realised that catering for float/feeder/spinning/deadbaiting on every single trip was making me dizzy and knackering my feeble back.

Results are good. Lobworms have been the favoured bait and have accounted for loads of good perch and bonus chub + bream. No barbel so far, but who's complaining. Been a brilliant summer :)

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

My target for this yr was

5 20lb + Carp - ongoing 2 down 3 to go

PB Tench - done 7lb 4oz (well chuffed)

PB Bream - done 7lb 8oz (ugh slimed and soaked for my troubles too)

But most of all my target is to stay healthy enough to continue fishing with my sons (they make great livebait honest) and meeting new friends on the bankside.

my target this season, was to try and go through the whole season without going for a swim (I never set myself any with regards to the actual fishing, the opportunities to go are getting rarer) - however, when trying to land a carp of about 6lb on Sunday, I fell in.....failed!

landed the fish though :cool:

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields

My targets for this season are as follows :-

Catch a species of fish I hadn’t caught before – completed in July with a Pumpkinseed.

A 20lb carp and a double figure catfish and to catch a carp on the fly – non of them acheived yet – but watch this space as I’m off to Anglers Paradise nxt week :-)

To spend more (productive!!) time fishing the river kennet in winter - to be seen.:-)

And I’ll also second awaar’s target above, having taken a swim the last two seasons (although last years did result in a new P.B. barbel)