Patient abuse caught on film labelled 'torture'

Slack lines

I watched it last night, i've been watching the news reports about it and i'm still so angry that this could happen ever after it was reported by a senior nurse who worked there

The lowlife **** sucking bastards that have done this should be sent to prison as nonces and left to fend for themselves AND in my opinion so should the owners of the "hospital" (that word is used very loosely) and so should the bastard who made the desision not to follow up the complaint made by the senior nurse!!

Sorry but i can't believe how angry seeing this has made me

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them

Agree 100% with Alan. :angry:

As a nurse I cannot comprehend how this can be allowed to happen.

Another sickening example of the deteriorating standards of care in the UK

I would love to think that standards are higher in NHS hospitals and possibly there is less obvious violence there, but my elderly father in law has just had a hosptal stay and the care he received was abysmal :angry:

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

is it because people don't care any more or is money behind it or is it the caring is beaten out of carers by the system?

certainly not a job i could do my pity limit is exeedingly low but i have great respect for those that do and care (or rather are caring) for others despite the appalling wages and conditions.

the trouble is its probably very widespread if agencies are involved you have only their word their staff are suitable for the job ,if its regular workers (IE non agency) why on earth do they become employed it cannot be for the money our friend is a carer for an OAP home and she can only just exist on the wages.

her husband works for the same home and had to reapply for his job as maintenance guy and now having kept his job now has to maintain another home 4 miles away for the same paltry wage :rolleyes:

will the home owners be punished? probably not will they have their licence revoked (i presume you need one?) probably not ,some employees will be sacked the rest just become more careful and have their "jollies" unseen

just like pedo's find positions of trust with children i suppose those that take delight abusing the ill find positions where they can ,this is bad enough but why do the decent caring staff not record it earlier to snub it out quickly when it does happen?

pointless going to the management they maybe turning a blind eye ,perhaps a government "care" line where the staff take great delight exposing these people!

trouble is who can you trust 100% even after decades?

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

now the mobile phone "interference" reason has been rubbished i note waiting in the hospital yesterday that they are now banned for "patient privacy" (as most have cameras) yes that could be so but it could also be an underhand method of stopping the same cameras exposing the filth you see on occasion in them and perhaps a acknowledgement to the fact some staff may get filmed acting in a manner objectionable to the outside?

certainly the asian? "cleaner" meandered about ward to ward with the same dry cloth moving dust and more nasty stuff about as usual and i have no doubt tomorrow she will be doing the same perhaps even with the same cloth :rolleyes:

on paper and to the fleeting eye of an inspector a "cleaner" is good but they should tarry a while from their rushing about in the haste to have a nice lunch with the heads of the hospital to actually see just how much cleaning (IE removing of dirt and germs) the not unattractive (and probably less than basic wage earning) lady actually does ;)

i could have got hoarse just telling the "wet" cleaner he "missed a bit" as he rushed by later with his wheeled trolley of muddy water

long gone is the hospital smell ,no doubt phenol based cleaners are a tad dangerous today but they did work

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

What i find really aggrivating is when a government inspector pays a visit to a home/hospital, they have to let them know they are going to visit for an inspection which gives them plenty of time to clean everything up, get any possible "troublesome" (likely to report them) patients out of the way and make sure they pass!!

Chesters, i know what you mean about the cleaners, i was working at a unit that cared for EMI patients and youngsters with eating disorders, the asian cleaner used to come in at 17:45 walk round with the brush, then the mop and would be out the door by 18:30

She would return at 19:45 do a quick 5 minutes with the damp cloth and then go over to the cleaners "station" to clock out, when i mentioned it to the head "house keeper" she asked me to let her know if she did it again and when i explained it was every night regular as clockwork she asked me to page her as soon as the cleaner left

I did and after a week of doing it she came to see me and told me the cleaner was under investigation................. she was singing in at the hospital, coming over to the unit doing her "quick clean" routine and then getting in her car and driving into the town to do a cleaning job at the local icelands while still being paid for being at the hospital!

They fired her, she screamed racism and they had to reinstate her!!

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them

yes i mentioned on another thread one at nother hospital who not only didnt move anything in her quest she also was spotted by me using the exact same dry rag cleaning down by the entrance then returning later to move the dust in the exact same places she did earlier (perhaps her instructions were to clean every rail in the hospital? but was neglected to be told not to use the same rag?) .would her employer care if she missed a bit or transmitted the odd disease so long as it looked like their no doubt lucrative income from the NHS was being seen to be done?

i have NO doubt theres staff who genuinely care and do their jobs whether caring or cleaning to the best of their ability but i also bet these are in the minority in this "outsourced" modern world we live in where profit comes before everything else.

even a caring agency would fall foul of an uncaring one who can cut their staff to the bone to undercut the decent ones but money counts here and everywhere else unfortunately today.

strangely i asked a nurse? (blue uniform with def a NHS ID) sitting by a desk at the wards reception desk where my mrs was to go ,i was astonished to be told by her she "didn't work here" and even more astonished she was still there on returning 4 hours later :blink:

Edited by chesters1

Sick. Personally i'd have all responsible shot, but thats just me.

My mums a nurse so i don't like to think the NHS is as bad as many people make out, but there are definitely some serious problems within it. Only a few days ago i read an article in the paper where doctors had to prescribe water to elderly patients because many of the nursing staff just forgot to give them food and water! :angry:

It amazes me how you can go into a profession like caring for the elderly or mentally disabled, and treat them this way. Surely the reason you would go into a profession like this is to care for and help these people? I don't know how they sleep at night knowing they treat their patients like that.

As famous fisherman John Gierach once said "I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I like fishing because it's the one thing I can think of that probably doesn't."

That this happens in a supposedly civilised country is a scandal.

I also agree that the Owners and Management of these places should be prosecuted as well as the actual assailants.

I know we are not supposed to profile people, but I can't have been the only one who took one look at some of those supposed carers and guessed what they were like.

With regard to the quality of the staff I think its another case of, "pay peanuts and get monkeys".

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "