Half a million tonnes of sewage kill thousands of fish on Tidal Thames

The fish included roach, dace, bream, eels, perch, pike, sea bass and flounder. The tidal Thames is an important coarse fishery as well

Pull the other one. According to the E A and in particular the trust there ain't any, sure they havn't got them mixed up with another specis like haddok. Depleted by 98% that was the figures that they were falling over themselves to insist the reason why the ban was put in place, have the other 2 % now died then or was someone telling porkies. Or had the stock recovered enough to be finally killed of in raw sewage. What do the E A and the trust wish us to believe now.

Directly before the trust and the E A arranged the eel take ban there was an eel count at the top of the thames, 50 number where recorded, hence the 98% depletion was stated, have they cocked up or again was someone pulling the wool over everyone. Bet no one wants to argue this one. There's a challenge.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

The fish included roach, dace, bream, eels, perch, pike, sea bass and flounder. The tidal Thames is an important coarse fishery as well

I see they don't mention any of our 'most important' fish among the casualties!

Just shows what kind of crap that carp can survive in. <_<

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Pull the other one. According to the E A and in particular the trust there ain't any, sure they havn't got them mixed up with another specis like haddok. Depleted by 98% that was the figures that they were falling over themselves to insist the reason why the ban was put in place, have the other 2 % now died then or was someone telling porkies. Or had the stock recovered enough to be finally killed of in raw sewage. What do the E A and the trust wish us to believe now.

Directly before the trust and the E A arranged the eel take ban there was an eel count at the top of the thames, 50 number where recorded, hence the 98% depletion was stated, have they cocked up or again was someone pulling the wool over everyone. Bet no one wants to argue this one. There's a challenge.

Hi Barry, I was wader deep in the river the day it happened with other TAC members trying to save what fish we could. I saw with my own eyes literally thousands of elvers along a maybe 150m stretch of foreshore at Barnes, either that had beached themselves or were at the surface right in the margins gasping for air. Also saw many dozens of eels I'd guess about 1lb up to 2lb. So a healthy spread of ages in the river.

My 'anecdotal' evidence of eels in the Thames doing a lot of nights on maggots last season is that there are stacks of them under about 2.5lb.

One EA theory, that I concur with, is they're choosing to stay in the estuary rather than go all the way upriver due to the abundance of natural food. The tidal Thames is crawling with shrimps and juvenile fish of many species, being a nursery ground for flounder, mullet and bass especially. Why go upriver?

And you are correct in that the "98% eel population decline" headlines were taken from 1 monitoring station way upriver - hardly scientific.

http://WhereToShoreFish.com - video guides to the South Coast's shore marks

They have a choice. They can release the sh*t on a continual basis, or they can hold onto it until they get some "unforeseen rainfall" and release it all at once. If they hold onto it, like they now do, then it has minimal effect on the salmon and they can say "Look how clean we've made the river, even salmon can use it." The fact that the salmon swim up a dead river on their way to the spawning buckets doesn't affect the EA and Thames Water's publicity material in any way. I read that the estimated cost of the alternative has now gone up from £600 million to £1.5 billion because they didn't get on with the job. So barring fines comparable to those sorts of figures, nothing will get done (unless the EU forces them to do it.)

Hi Barry, I was wader deep in the river the day it happened with other TAC members trying to save what fish we could. I saw with my own eyes literally thousands of elvers along a maybe 150m stretch of foreshore at Barnes, either that had beached themselves or were at the surface right in the margins gasping for air. Also saw many dozens of eels I'd guess about 1lb up to 2lb. So a healthy spread of ages in the river.

My 'anecdotal' evidence of eels in the Thames doing a lot of nights on maggots last season is that there are stacks of them under about 2.5lb.

One EA theory, that I concur with, is they're choosing to stay in the estuary rather than go all the way upriver due to the abundance of natural food. The tidal Thames is crawling with shrimps and juvenile fish of many species, being a nursery ground for flounder, mullet and bass especially. Why go upriver?

And you are correct in that the "98% eel population decline" headlines were taken from 1 monitoring station way upriver - hardly scientific.

I know this is not quite the topic to be discussing this, but i thank you very much for reinforcing what we anglers already know. Unfortunatly there are those in power who are absolutly fanatical, imposing what they see as what is best, regardless of the facts. They should hang their heads in shame, im talking about the E A and the ANGLING TRUST. They must be of the opinion that we are all blind and stupid. Unfortunatly we ain't. Looking forward to the trust defending thier actions with justification. But i know it is a lost cause. Until the day they can conduct themselves in an open and transparent way without all the bull, then they might just be an org to consider. However, it looks like they have just awarded themselves another year (agm) with the same guys at the helm who think they can pull the wool over our eyes. What about it angling trust you gonna carry on as is?

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

The thing is Steve anglers like myself who fish higher up the river and used to [all be it the best part of 2 decades ago ] catch big Eels regularly and now don`t even get a bootlace can easily believe the hype as it`s what we see happening in front of us even though down your bit it`s obviously different, felt for you guys when we spoke must of been horrific to witness .

Hope you are gonna wash the waders before we meet up :rolleyes: Steve.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream: