North West Get Together??

Gazhilla

Saturday 19th of June overnight until Sunday 20th of June I believe. I'm planning on getting there for midday on the Saturday and staying 24 hours.

That way people that can only do one day can come.

[ 25. May 2004, 04:25 PM: Message edited by: Rob Ward ]

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok - directions to the Elston stretch of the Ribble:-

1st map shot

Leave the M6 at J31 (Tickled Trout)

Take the A59 up the hill towards Preston

At the roundabout at the top of the hill, take the 2nd exit onto the A5085.

At the second set of lights, turn right onto the B6243 (this will take you upto Elston Lane)

2nd map shot

On the second map shot, the grey village at the top of the screen is Grimsargh, and the grey road leading from there down the River is Elston Lane, just as you are coming to the end of the village, Elston Lane is a right turn.

Also on the second shot you can see that Elston Lane forks into three lanes at the end, we need to keep right, and go down to Elston New Hall (see below snap shot).

Myself and Rob spoke to the Farmer on Saturday afternoon, and he was a nice chap. He said we could park next to the river, providing we left £2 on his windowsill, or if you were staying overnight £5.

http://www.go-fishing.org/upload/files/Elston.bmp

Hope this helps. After seeing those chub and barbel swimming around on Saturday, I can't bleedin' wait!...I'll go back this weekend with a digi camera and post some shots for you all.

tight lines

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields

just to add to my last post, I have highlighted in red the stretch we can fish on the dayticket, there is over a mile of River to go at, so even if the opening weekend is busy on there, we'll get a peg

http://www.go-fishing.org/upload/files/Elston1.bmp

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields

one thing Jay, the farmer did say he wants no one coming and going during the night, and NO undesirables were his exact words....I was stood there in my England shirt when he mentioned that, think I'll have to pay double

So try and get there early as poss and we'll keep him sweet...

tight lines

- WC Fields

awaaar:

NO undesirables were his exact words....

That excludes most of you lot :rolleyes:

Tight lines

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

awaaar:

just to add to my last post, I have highlighted in red the stretch we can fish on the dayticket, there is over a mile of River to go at, so even if the opening weekend is busy on there, we'll get a peg

http://www.go-fishing.org/upload/files/Elston1.bmp

It's important to take the right fork on Elston Lane - it looks as though you're going uphill and away from the river. If you take the wrong turn you'll end up having to walk miles across the fields like me and Andy! :D

You need to enter Elston Hall Farm, the farmhouse is the white house on the left - leave your money on the window sill! Drive into the farmyard and turn right, keep going straight ahead and the track leads you to the river.

Hi Guys,

sorry Ive been away for a while.

Good to see this has generated a lot of interest.

I will be there on one of the days, have to check with work as to which yet.

Looking forward to meeting up with you guys,

Awaar, got a nice water for you to try if you fancy a trip up North, will make turbs seem like an empty fishery.

Let me know if you are interested.

Keep it going guys, looking forward to it

Gary

Originally posted by Gazhilla:-

"Awaar, got a nice water for you to try if you fancy a trip up North, will make turbs seem like an empty fishery.

Let me know if you are interested"

Is there a bar? :D

Sent you a PM Gary.

[ 27. May 2004, 02:54 PM: Message edited by: awaaar ]

- WC Fields