York Lakeside Lodges

easternangler

I have seen York Lakeside Lodges advertising log cabin accomodation on a 10 acre lake only 2 miles from the centre of York. Has anybody an experiance of the quality of the accomodation and more importantly the quality of the fishing. If anybody has any knowledge of the site I would also welcome any tips on how to fish it. Thanks in anticipation.

Hi easten,

I live in York, the last time I fished it was a good 10 years ago but I will ask around this weekend and see if I can find out a few facts for you. Will let you know over the next week or so.

Hang tight Kojak :D

rather than fill up the boards with details of a lake most will never fish /QUOTE]

Big al, thats what the threads are for, there's a few northern anglers on this site who would be interested in what you have to say, myself included! :)

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

fair enough peter,i fished it every year for about 5 years not long after they put the lodges on it.a club also had rights to fish which can be a bit difficult at weekends as they bivvy up in the favored swims so be aware.

i was mostly after tench and had it sussed for a while.at the bottom end of the lake ie with the lodges behind you ,if you walk to the left and up about 5 swims there was a tree ,about 4 rod lenghts out was a small patch of gravel about a foot square ,bait up and float fish on there, and i had big bags of tench (up to 20 in a session going to about 6lb).this was at a time when others were struggling so much so the owner asked me to show some what i was doing ,and i put one guy who had only had one fish all week on the spot and he bagged up ,not sure who was most pleased him or me.

carp will of course respond to normal boilie tactics but again finding clear spots and using marker floats required.

the top end of the lake produced good fish but very snaggy ,rumour was a demolished house was on the bottom and some of the walls still up!!.

i would spend a day with a marker float finding the clear spots and baiting them up.

the other method for the carp was the beachcaster rig and one guy had a few using that at the bottom end.im sure someone can direct you to a drawing of this.

hope this helps as i say a while ago but a nice lake nice accomadation and if you can have a pint at every pub on the walk back from york and remain standing :D that's a challenge.cheers big al

british by birth ,english by the grace of god

Last time I had a look at lakeside was a few years ago & it looked smashing, so in the light of those Tench catches big Al I think I'll have another look.

Wonder if the Terrapins are still there, there was one the size of a dinner plate sunning itself on a snag when we had a look round last time. :D

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

Thanks for the info so far Big Al.

When you say look for a clear spot do you mean because of the amount of weed or the number of snags? If weed, are the conditions ok to use a weed rake?

I contacted a local tackle shop last week, they said they didn't have regular feedback on it as it was now a syndicate water unless you booked accomodation. They did say that it fished well last year with Tench to 8lb and Bream to 10lb.

Were the bags you got taken through the day or only during evening, morning or night sessions. The tackle shop gave the impression that there were only a few carp in the water, do you think this is right or did I get the wrong end of the stick?

As long as the local bivvy brigade are only there weekends it wouldn't bother me as my booking would be saturday to saturday. The Tench (and the Bream for that matter)sound the business so I think I might give it a go.