Stocking Eels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Babar

In my local Canal there are Perch, Roach, Bream, Carp, Koi's, Barbel, Goldfish, Tench, Hyde and dace andyou can catch any of those all day long.... (Most of the time anyway)

Behind my house there is a dyke and in the summer, eels travel dwn here. I was wandering, if we caught some of those eels and put them into the canal would this effect the fishing massivly?

Or would they just swim out of it? :confused:

There are lots of fields many with water gathered round here so i knew it could be a possibility but i haven't heard of any being caught..

Have you any tips on how i could land one of these????

t hanx

With that mix of fish, you could have fun all day with a legered worm, I'd have thought.

Failing that, a deadbait might sort out the men from the boys :)

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I've heard a full moon can be good. Also, try and fish as close as you can to tunnels, or where the canal narrows. Lobworms are usually a winner. I know there are a few National Anguilla Club members on this forum, so no doubt they'll pick up on this thread soon (I'll e-mail some I know anyway and get them to have a look).

Above all, don't forget Eels are actually quite delicate and you should respect them as you would any other fish (I know there are a lot who get annoyed by them and just chop heads off etc, but you shouldn't do that!!). When you catch one, let us know! Have fun.

Dunk Fairley

Fighting for anglers' rights - Join SAA today at http://www.saauk.org

I agree with Dunk

Fish near a bridge at night with worms or a small

dead bait like a roach head/tail.

You cant keep Eels in one place for long.

When a water produces some big Eels all of a sudden they disapear.

Know one seams to know why.

When thay get the urge to breed they will try to get to the Sargasso sea wherever they are.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

It's hard to believe that this topic could have been up all day and no-one has pointed out to Babar that moving fish is illegal and also quite possibly lethal to the fish stocks already in residence.

ajp:

It's hard to believe that this topic could have been up all day and no-one has pointed out to Babar that moving fish is illegal and also quite possibly lethal to the fish stocks already in residence.

You're quite correct of course, but do the eels themselves get a signed Section 30 from the EA before they slither over land from one water-course to another, unaided by man, nor beast?!

DG :confused:

The Diamond Geezer:

The Diamond Geezer:

You're quite correct of course, but do the eels themselves get a signed Section 30 from the EA before they slither over land from one water-course to another, unaided by man, nor beast?!

DG :confused:

Most likely not, but we homo sapiens have to get permission, or suffer the consequnce if caught doing it.