Guided Pike Fishing - Norfolk Broads

Polly

Anyone tried these trips?

I'm getting married 9/8 and "Little Bruv" is best man, as a thank you I want to buy him a days guided pike fishing on the broads. Any good names, telephone numbers or web pages I can try. After last seasons failings @ St Ives & Swanton Morley he (we) need badly to catch some pike.

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

Nice one Polly, I bet you have to join him on his 'reward trip' to make sure he is OK! Congrats on the wedding, you know what they say, a single man is incomplete but when he is married he is finished. Good Luck to you and your bride oh, and enjoy the piking trip.

ginger:

Nice one Polly, I bet you have to join him on his 'reward trip' to make sure he is OK! Congrats on the wedding, you know what they say, a single man is incomplete but when he is married he is finished. Good Luck to you and your bride oh, and enjoy the piking trip.

Someone needs to hold his hand don't they? Anyhow it seems all prices are for 2 people and no discounts given for just 1 so it makes sense for me to go along.

Peter Waller:

Knowing some of the bods involved I would plump for John 'Watto' Watson rather than any of the others.

Been talking (e-mailing/phone) with CHARLIE BETTELL who does these trips, seems ok sort of bloke, do you know of him?

Cannot seem to find John Watson on the WEB, do you know his address?

Yes, to answer another reply I did see him on predators, that's where I got the idea to send little bruv from.

I can't answer your query, Polly, but you remind me of a query of my own. Why, in the angling newspapers, are ALL the pike guides in the Norfolk Broads? Admittedly, you can find one or two elsewhere on the net if you search. Does it mean that the piking is better there than anywhere else? Or is it that it's a good place to go for a family holiday, when the others won't mind if dad (or mum?) goes off for a bit of fishing?

John (Berkshire)

john clarke

Polly:

Polly:

Knowing some of the bods involved I would plump for John 'Watto' Watson rather than any of the others.

Been talking (e-mailing/phone) with CHARLIE BETTELL who does these trips, seems ok sort of bloke, do you know of him?

Cannot seem to find John Watson on the WEB, do you know his address?

Yes, to answer another reply I did see him on predators, that's where I got the idea to send little bruv from.

Yes, I do know of Charlie Bettell. To be honest we don't hold the other in particularly high esteem! I do know people who have been on his guided trips and speak very highly of him. I also know a number of people who think very lowly of him. A good question to ask on the Pike and Predators web site :D , just put on a tin hat!! Got to say that his manner would jar me after only ten minutes let alone all day in a boat with him. Locally I know a number of people who call him 'Mouthy Man'! But for all that I do believe that he knows a great deal of useful stuff for those who need a helping hand to get started. As for Watto, he maintains that he doesn't need to advertise, and he's gone ex-directory! He lives in Frettenham in Norfolk. His number appears in Anglers Mail and EA literature now and again but at this moment in time I can't find his number, sorry. If I find it I'll P.M. it as he's now ex-directory.