Canal [Coarse] Fishing in the Skipton Area?

HERUTILUS

Greetings, :)

Anyone got any idea if one can fish the canal which 'goes through' Skipton, could be the Leeds/Liverpool canal?

Does one need a permit, does one have to be a member of 'the club', how much does it cost, is there a tackle/maggot shop in Skipton or does one have to travel to Keighley?

If anyone knows anything please pass the info. on.

Before I forget, if one CAN go coarse fishing at Skipton, what fish is one likely to encounter?

Regards,

H :)

The canal through Skipton is indeed the Leeds and Liverpool Canal...

As for fish? I caught a gudgeon just 1/2oz short of the British record at Gargrave a few years ago on one of my very first fishing trips.

There are some of the largest shoals of roach I've ever encountered just past Skipton...there are also some HUGE bream there for the taking...

I will try to find my notes regarding local clubs/fishing rights etc...

Janet

As goes a tackle shop your nearest is in Keighley and as I have advised previously there is a lot of great club water available at little cost via Bradford city AS or KDAA books available in the tackle shop.

I use the term little cost advisedly as Yorkshiremen being naturally tight will see the cost as being huge but then they regard a pound as something to be kept as a prisoner !! :-)

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

I use the term little cost advisedly as Yorkshiremen being naturally tight will see the cost as being huge but then they regard a pound as something to be kept as a prisoner !! :-)

Typical Lanc' got it wrong again. :rolleyes:

We treat it as a patient Alan, and nurture it until it is well, and grows into something more substantial. :P

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John