Rod Licence Justice?

Elton

OTT in my opinion, the fact the guy bought a permit for the water shows he's at east trying. its not like he was boozed up and hadn't bought either or.

also i don't know if i read this correctly:

“I explained what the confusion was and bought one off him then and there,” Mr Roach added.

so he bought a day rod license and had a permit and was then fined?. i would be absolutely fuming and demanded my money back. quite regularly i would go fishing very early in the morning 2-3am when buying a permit is not an option so a bailiff would eventually come along, i would pay my permit and have a chin wag with him over a coffee. all good :)

also, what a cracking name for a course angler. might change mines from Croft to Rudd :D

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

It's a fair cop. He's only whining about the fine in comparison with the cost of a one day licence because that might appear to show some sort of disproportionality when it fact the fine is small compared against the cost of an annual licence.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

well over the top imho.

here are my fines from stupid things: speeding 97 on a 70 i got £110 fine. and 6 points. went to court.

bald tire £60 and 3 points. no court

then this year i lost my temper at a lorry driver almost killing me and the kids and the wife, got out the car on a red light and went nuts kicking/punch his door and denting it, the bloke locked his lorry when he saw me running at his door!

i then went and spoke to an officer down the road and told him what happend, you know how much trouble i got... nothing... nothing for crimanal damges and act of violence.

now back to the rod license. i think the fine should of been max £30-£60 and should of been forced to buy a year license, after all this should be a bailiffs job making sure everyone fishing has a license. but paying a 200+ fine and then going to court over it is stupid... what did he actualy do wrong... imho this is the goverment making money off all of us..

im against license's these days, my reason being just because somone has one does not mean they can fish properly. theres no need for license's anyway.

WAIT, Wait, wait!

I too must have mis-read. Does it in fact say the guy DOES end up with two documents? They can't "fine" him if they sold him a license dated the day in question! If, OTOH he's just lamenting that is how much the second license would have been had they sold it to him and he got the fine (which is what I thought) then he should get fined.

You can't "aid and abet" without being a co-conspirator. Did he or did he NOT end up the the proper two documents for the proper day in question BEFORE he was fined? (Can't do that!)

Phone