Cefas contracted to carry out sea angling survey

Elton

No it ain't, it's down to you, me and every other angler and charter boat skipper that hasn't got off his ar@e and explained to all what a bl@@ding waste of time and money this so called e u count is going to be. It's got nothing to do with rsa catches as there are more cod on the ground, yes we know that. It's to do with rsa management, end of. You and your coast are now in the spot light as when the legislation is brought in to restrict your anglers and skippers from catching your main specis, what you gonna do, give up the blue shads and go congering? Anyone you know or yourself helped the likes of Les weller in attempting to reject helping defra and co re the count? No, you missed a chance there, too late now. You could have scored a minor victory. You a member of the pba? I am aware they have just sent info to all their members, looking for a sight of it as it will show if there is support to the rsa who don't agree with this count or not. You ain't going to acheive anything by banging on about the commercial activity as we have all heard it before and they have enough legislation in place to control them, warts and all.

One point re the commercial sector, their nffo was against the rsa being given quota while 47-55 was going on, now their ifca members are agreeing to this rsa fish count, if the rsa loose the battle, and impositions are imposed, the next battle will be to get as much quota as possible, thanks for your help commercial ifca guys, much appreciated.

You need to start talking to the anglers on your boats throughout your port, and explain to them there are simular rsa out there who feel the same way as you. Down to you and yours, want to go for it or not? I'll support any rsa who are like minded, you? Ain't much time left.

Bob Shotter has been vilified on another web site by the e u capitulators for having the same opinion, didn't see much support for him, have you missed that one and would you like a link. You really need to know who your freinds are.

I should have said hello while i was up Whitby, we'de be mates. B)

Just noticed some are smelling the coffee:

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/in...p?topic=22811.0

copy of a posting on my org's web site, i have to say this man puts a lot of us rsa to shame with regards to the time, effort and money he has put in, this guy i commend.

QUOTE:

My Mission

The Mission to which Les refers,

Between the two NIFCA meetings, I took it upon myself to try and gaige the feelings of anglers in the Northumberland area.

I live in Washington, Tyne & Wear and so gathering the said information meant a lot of mileage.

Over a two and a half week period I covered 387 miles driving up as far as Seahouses to talk to anglers there and working my way back down the coast, through Beadnell and Craster, Longhoughton and a lot of other places. Each day I returned home and set off again the next day or would have a days rest then take off again. I covered from Seahouses down to North Shields, Through Blythe, Whitley Bay, Tynemouth and Cullercoats. Some times I would be there early mornings and sometimes it would be late at night. ( around 11pm or Midnight)

I spoke to over 400 anglers and I left the phone number and e-mail address of NIFCA with each of them. Nearly all of these anglers were against the collection of any data and promised they would contact NIFCA by phone or E-Mail. Some of the time I was met with hostility, because some anglers thought I was working for DEFRA or NIFCA and was actually collecting data. It took some convincing them that I was only trying to gaige their feelings so I could relate this information back to the EGM at NIFCA.

I have had my car fog light broken and I got punched in the face once for my troubles.

During this Mission instead of returning home each day I decided to spend some time out with a tent or staying with friends (much to the annoyance of my good wife). A total of 4 days away from home. Not easy living in a tent when you have arthritis in both knees.

Anyway, after all this work and all the promises that were made, How many anglers contacted NIFCA?

NONE.

So now, Do I carry on fighting for what I believe in?

I have already spoken to Les on the phone and we had a long conversation over this.

I am still having a long think about all of this.

My wife tells me to stop putting myself through so much pain and if I am going to travel as many miles, do it with a rod and reel and a tackle box and do it for my own pleasure. My conciense tells me different.

I am still not sure.

:clap: :clap: :clap: For Mr M Hayley

:thumbs:

A second ifca has pulled out from defra's fish count today. :) The whole of the south west will not be taking part. :thumbs:

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

EAR comes bag limits, ie 2 bass 2 cod and as many dogs as you can carry lol lol, 140 MILLION anglers worldwide is one MASSIVE amount of unquoted and unrecorded fish mountain lol lol

But numbers of fish steve anglers catch dont match what goes back over the side dead every year ,

paul.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

But numbers of fish steve anglers catch dont match what goes back over the side dead every year ,

paul.

Hi big cod. Your probable correct, but you try proving it, and before you start talking about fish slaughter off Whitby imagine you as a representative of recreational fishermen at your port. First question. How many anglers do you represent? How much fish do they catch? How much fish do they take home? How much fish do they put back? Where do your anglers fish? A commercial fishermen’s representative will be able to answer all these questions and more about his own industry. So you may well be correct what you say Big Cod, but who is going to listen to you or even take part in any sort of realistic debate with you on change?

Flapper.