Hot Weather Fishing

adrstuart

Try only fishing early eg. first light,or the last

few hours into dark. It can be a bit daunting at

first, but take a mate with you for company and

you will be ok.

Inside every old person is a young one wondering what the hell happened!

AS mentioned above - while fish do enjoy the warmer water to a point, there also comes a time when it gets too warm for most species that are adapted to a particular climate and they go deep if possible and inactive otherwise.

This is due in good part to the fact that as water warms, it's oxygen carrying capacity decreases.

Our weather is normally quite a bit warmer than yours in summer and from July thru early September, night sessions and deeper water are the only realistic way to catch fish unless you can find some fairly fast water.

Ideal is if you have hydroelectric dams in your area since the water going thru the turbines is normally taken from near the bottom and is quite a bit cooler. Also oxygenated to the maximum extent possible.

I'm planning to fish today but will be waiting until about 4pm to leave with plans to be on the water and set up by 5pm or so. Don't expect much that early but try as I may, I just can't force myself to wait any later.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I just had a hard weekend on Loch Awe.

I had 3 rods out for the Pike with every bait going. I couldn't buy a run. I was up well after dusk and well before dawn. Nothing. Not even a twitch that could have been a Pike.

The Trout were there but even they wern't having anything. Flies, maggots, corn...powerbait even. Nowt.

Even the Perch were playing hard to get.

If I had been Roach fishing I would probably have bagged up but I didn't go all the way to Awe for Roach.

Roll on the crap weather. I have a tan thanks. Just need some fish.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

I went for a short 2 hour session sat night.

Arrived at 7.30pm

An other angler had been there since 10am and had only just landed his 2nd fish of the day!

I had a 5lb Tench at 8.15pm (first cast) and missed another run at 9pm.

I dont see the point of sitting in red hot heat getting no bites all day.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!