Anderoo

Elton

I've been wrapped up in a few problems of my own lately, being away from home the best part of two weeks and again next week, as well as having the worst problems in years keeping this server running. It couldn't have happened at a worse time.

I just saw mention that Anderoo wasn't posting. Now, I haven't searched properly as to the reason why, but I hope that this is temporary.

On a purely selfish level, forums need people like Anderoo (and quite a few of you like him); the ones who stick through thick and thin and forgive me the occasional cock-up. I want all of you who are the backbone of this site, especially, to stick around. I need you. And it isn't just the forums that have benefited from Anderoo - he has also written some great articles, the sort that many people who have never even visited these forums have learnt from.

On a personal level, I've met Anderoo a few times now and he is a top bloke. He is just like he is on the forums. He takes the pee out of me, but I forgive him that. My everyday friends all do the same :) He is one of the guys on here whom I look forward to seeing at the fish-ins.

Whatever has happened, let's hope it passes as water under the bridge. The forum will be poorer if any of you 'Anderoos' leave.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I hope it's just a short break Andrew's having, and not a long one.

I didn't know anything had happened, until I read the spodding thread yesterday, and saw that things had got a bit silly.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

He'll be back, and very welcome too :)

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

I hope it's just a short break Andrew's having, and not a long one.

I didn't know anything had happened, until I read the spodding thread yesterday, and saw that things had got a bit silly.

John.

John

Same here, I had not picked up on the thread and having read it I cannot understand the unwarranted attack on Anderoo's view's; they were clearly based on his experience at a very difficult venue and therefore must be viewed as a valid comment.

Just because another poster's experience is different, it should not develop into a personal vindictive.

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

John

Same here, I had not picked up on the thread and having read it I cannot understand the unwarranted attack on Anderoo's view's; they were clearly based on his experience at a very difficult venue and therefore must be viewed as a valid comment.

Just because another poster's experience is different, it should not develop into a personal vindictive.

Tony

No one can blame another poster for having a difference of opinion. At the end of the day there was no attack on Anderoo at all. Lets face it it's easy for a perfectly normal conversation when face to face to sound totally different in writing and can easily be read/ taken in the wrong text.

If Anderoo needs a bit of a break good luck to him. Sometimes it's good to have a break as you can get to wrapped up in things what in reality simply don't matter at all.

At the end of the day there was no attack on Anderoo at all.

I have no great opinion of myself or my abilities, but I think I'd feel that being informed my approach was a "dumbed down" one and that I "would probably never be a good [insert your chosen fish here] angler" constituted an "attack".

I have no great opinion of myself or my abilities, but I think I'd feel that being informed my approach was a "dumbed down" one and that I "would probably never be a good [insert your chosen fish here] angler" constituted an "attack".

I'd say that's an opinion, not an attack. I use the dumbed down approach my self and wouldn't consider being told that a personal attack.

As far as I could see it was Lutra who was attacked by kappa....calling him a T>W>A>T is a blatant attack and imo a personal insult like that should be removed and the person who's written it warned for their blatant disregard to board etiquette.

At least Lutra didn't rise to the insult.

A very personal reply from Lutra to Anderoo !

To be honest Andreoo, I don't know why you persist in replying to bream fishing topic's. By your own admission you have little or no experience of bream fishing and what little bit you have done doesn't seem to have been sufficient in results to have taught you much.

IMHO you will probably never be a good bream angler Andreoo. At least not if you persist in only fishing waters like Wingham with a dumbed down bait and wait approach. If we all learnt to fish like that we would all be poor anglers and we would died of old age before we learnt anything.

Good bream anglers don't get good only catching one fish a year or from reading second, third, fourth, ......... hand info from other speciheads.

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

This thread runs the risk of getting just as 'silly' as the other. I don't think Elton or Andrew intended this to turn into a slanging match. We can all read what's been said, and make our own minds up, without it being repeated word for word, and turning into another argument.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John