i AM the man

chesters1

i am now the proud owner of BFR's archive :):)

not only BFR (BFR was the last true vestige of the intrepid works in falmouth ,now saddly gone to china) but intrepid under Gladding and Morritt,

hundreds of articles of interest that otherwise would have been skipped .

not only press cuttings but original artwork and negatives ,photo's and catalogues and even pictures of the reels on the lathes.

i am truly a pig in sh*t.

my deepest regards to BFR ,Mr Duffelen and Mr Whelham who suffered my continual frantic e'mails and faxes and any others who helped "divert" all this booty to my door.

today is a great day for me and the last british reel manufactures and Mr Morritts ingenuity ,this book will be a fat book indeed it may never sell but it will be the most detailed there is ,all i have to do is find out a few years pre 1956 and i will have the complete story.

snort snort :D

[ 18. April 2005, 11:49 AM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Congrats Chesters1. Is your pseudonym after the famous Chesters Mild, brewed in Manchester, but now sadly demised?

--------------------------

What do I know about sex? I'm a married man.

Tom Clancy

thanks ,no my "handle" is named after a fort on hadrians wall (we walked the wall and some of the pennine way as our honeymoon) it used to be plain old chesters but i lost my log in details so became chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

scanners red hot making copies :D :cool:

scanning old brown news cuttings into digital new ones

[ 18. April 2005, 09:30 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Well done chesters, can imagine how made up you are. I will try & sort out the intrepid I have in the garage before the FAS boot sale so you can have it for your collection.

Well done again, happy copying :)

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

chesters1:

i am now the proud owner of BFR's archive    :)        :)    

not only BFR (BFR was the last true vestige of the intrepid works in falmouth ,now saddly gone to china) but intrepid under Gladding and Morritt,

hundreds of articles of interest that otherwise would have been skipped .

not only press cuttings but original artwork and negatives ,photo's and catalogues and even pictures of the reels on the lathes.

i am truly a pig in sh*t.

my deepest regards to BFR ,Mr Duffelen and Mr Whelham who suffered my continual frantic e'mails and faxes and any others who helped "divert" all this booty to my door.

today is a great day for me and the last british reel manufactures and Mr Morritts ingenuity ,this book will be a fat book indeed it may never sell but it will be the most detailed there is ,all i have to do is find out a few years pre 1956 and i will have the complete story.

snort snort    :D  

Excellent news!

Now I can taunt you with my Intrepid Continental, Standard, Deluxe, Monarch, Elite and Surfcast fixed-spools and, best of all, innovation-wise, two 'Super Fly' reels (from the mid 1960s and truly 'super' - at least 20-odd years ahead of their time).

Well done, Ches'. Keep on taking the tablets.

"What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically...?"

Basil Fawlty to the old bat, guest from hell, Mrs Richards.