Anyone going out this weekend

Tony U

Went on Saturday, in Surrey. Well went Friday as well but all lakes on the fishery were frozen. There was a tiny defrosted patch on Saturday so out of sheer bloody-mindedness we fished that.

Conditions were appalling. Wind, bright sunshine, and freezing cold.

Two bites the whole day, both on maggot.

I caught a roach, just over a pound and a bream of about a pound. Hubbie had nothing. That was it.

But it broke in my new avon rod.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fished yesterday afternoon. Not a touch but it was good to get out. At least had a chance to try a couple of new multipliers for bait fishing - about the size of the Abu 5500 reels.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

argyll:

How did the weekend go Budgie, hope your bro' didn't whup your rear end again :D

Anybody catch ?

Good weekend had a total of 10 turn up.Weather was very poor but one of the guys managed a small one on Saturday and my brother and his mate had a couple of dropped runs on the Sunday.Les told him that his previous sucsess must have just been a flash in the pan! I think they all enjoyed it and hope they learned something.More importantly a generous donation was raised and equally awarness raised for Les's Angling Projects and Junior Course Angling (UK).

Thats the last one for this season but will be starting again in October so as they say watch this space!

[ 07. March 2005, 04:27 PM: Message edited by: BUDGIE ]

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

his previous sucsess must have just been a flash in the pan!

Thats what I thought too :D

Glad you had a full house though.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

Well i'm gonna give it a go tomorrow, on the main lake see if it's picked up any. I'll give it two or three hours maximum if nothoing doing I'll agian switch to the back waters for some roach/bream/perch.

According to the weather forecasts mid-week is as good as it gets warming up a little, as we are in for more cold stuff come friday :mad: