Is your club on the net?

watatoad

Often I read posts asking for the name of a local club, sure we all know some tackle shops do have contact details but not all do and not for all local clubs.

Most people today first search on the net.

Some club committee members speak of falling membership numbers and from what I see there are falling numbers of river anglers.

Anglers who might fish a match never hear of many matches until someone on an angling forum complains of poor turnout.

You want more members make certain you are easy to find and contact.

You want more anglers fishing in your matches make certain you are easy to find and contact.

You want to encourage more youngsters becoming members and fishing on club waters make certain you are easy to find and contact.

So to ask again is your club on the net are you easy to find and contact.

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

Yes>

http://www.newburyaa.org.uk/

And Yes>

http://www.thatchamanglingassociation.co.uk/

And, err, yes>

http://www.cemexangling.co.uk/

(though doesn't really count as a 'club'!)

These are the 3 'cards' I currently have....

C.

Edited by Chris Plumb

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

I find lots of clubs have web pages. The quality of most leaves a lot to be desired though.

Many are just never updated or at best once or twice a year. The good ones i know in my area are Milton keynes and Luton AC

both of these are regulary updated. Bad ones i could name are Vauxhall AC and Northampton Nene AC Information is so out of date its virtually worthless. I know a lot of clubs that when i've searched for them just dont appear.

everytime i catch a fish i'm lucky when i blank i'm a hopeless angler.

I find lots of clubs have web pages. The quality of most leaves a lot to be desired though.

Many are just never updated or at best once or twice a year. The good ones i know in my area are Milton keynes and Luton AC

both of these are regulary updated. Bad ones i could name are Vauxhall AC and Northampton Nene AC Information is so out of date its virtually worthless. I know a lot of clubs that when i've searched for them just dont appear.

I'm a member of TDAA, even worse than those two :(

www.tdaafishing.co.uk/

I've been on the lookout for a new club for a few weeks now and am finding that very few of them have a "web presence". I'm finding it hard to even learn of the existence of a lot of clubs. There must be a number of clubs in my local area but I'm damned if I can find out about them!

Yes

Can be found here

And just look at the waters you get for £35.00 a year

Ditto for me

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

One of mine does < Verulum AC >

My other club has a waiting list as long as your arm and a limited 'invited membership only' policy and a publicity ban therefore doesn't need one.

Edited by BoldBear

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

One of mine does < Verulum AC >

My other club has a waiting list as long as your arm and a limited 'invited membership only' policy therefore doesn't need one.

I think its wonderful that you are in a club with a waiting list nothing so flash as a bit of exclusivity. However may I point out that such legendary exclusivity can vanish much quicker that it appeared and without a website you may just end up being know as a jumped up and superior than thou crowd. I have been in a few clubs like that and am in some even now, so I know a bit of what I am talking about plus over the years I have seen some just vanish almost overnight.

If you are in a great club shout about it, be proud of it and its achievements and waters, stop hiding your successes under the bushes. Help other less fortunate clubs to learn from your continued success.

Edited by watatoad

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God