Mobile phone

Andrew

After a new one, i'm a light user and not into the internet extra.s.

A cheapish one with a good battery life would be fine. Any suggestions please. Or should i just keep on using the corner telephone box. :lol::lol:

Edited by Andrew

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Do you think that the mobile phone will catch on, :o

All the fancy gizmo's on it, GPS, Internet ( whatever that is ) SMS, and all manner of other bits and bobs. Why not just use the good old British Telecom telephone on the corner of your street :D:rolleyes:

I do believe that you have forgotten that the mobile phone has been around for a while... :g::g:

I had my first mobile phone in the early 1990's and if you remember the old Brick, as it was called, that was my first.

I then moved on to the 1st Motorola flip on the old 121 network.

It had a £35 per month contract with calls that cost 50p per minute. It wasn't until much later I used sms.

Now I have the Sony Ericsson Elm. I must admit that apps and functions of modern phones have overtaken me.

I like sms, mms, video function, bluetooth and this is about as far as I go.

My Son has the Blackberry 9300 and some of the things he does with the phone leave me in awe... :o:o

After a new one, i'm a light user and not into the internet extra.s.

A cheapish one with a good battery life would be fine. Any suggestions please. Or should i just keep on using the corner telephone box. :lol::lol:

Hi Andrew

dont be a luddite,string and paper cups went out with the ark, have a look at tesco pay as you go. Most of new mobiles have good battery life unless you have smartphone on the internet.

Klaus

Thanks for that. I have heard Asda also do a good bargain with call charges. ?

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Asda mobile phone will NOT be beaten on cost!! I always buy one while in the UK and bring it back to France unlock and then sell for upwards of 100%!!! LAST ONE COST ME £7.95!!! Samsung??? Tri Band Camera Radio Bluetooth and a headset???

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

If like me you life in the country, ask around to see what signals are strongest in your area and where you fish the most. Then look at what is available on the best network.

As Chris said, Asda payg is cheap and I believe they use the vodaphone network which has pretty good coverage.

Andrew,

I use O2 because you can get good coverage in places where some networks can't connect, especially if in hilly areas like Cumbria fells, etc. I used other networks but they failed me at crucial times. Being a woman I wanted to feel safe when I was out and about and 02 was the only network that gave me peace of mind.

Ultimately, it's down to personal choice, but there are some great pay as you go offers on at their store right now.....ps....I don't work for them...lol

Thanks for that. Having looked at the pricing for Asda i just might have myself a fone from them,

“Vescere bracis meis”