Which bite alarm?

ginger

I inevitably fish with two rods, one set up with a float the other with ledger and mostly a larger hook/bait. I suspect that, like most of you, I always get a bite on the leger rod when I am nature watching, pouring coffee or taking a pee thus.....I am thinking of getting a single bite alarm so that I can do all of these things and sill stand a chance of connecting. I am not into rocket science and just want a simple but effective and reliable alarm (audible as well as visual), in this case is expensive always better or does cheap do the job. Any help greatly appreciated.

Pete

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a Maver T115 for about £18. good value and basic functions. The missus has a nash for about £20 but at its lowest setting it still sounds like a foghorn.

cheers

rich

Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail

The GF Alarms by Good Fishing are superb and represent great value for money, to read a review click reviews on the menu left of the screen, I have used a pair now for twelve months or so, two or three times a week in all weathers, top product.

Regards Tony. anyway Back to work :(

P.s at the moment they are doing them for £25.00 each and for a base model for £16.95 if you do buy remember to metion Anglers Net.http://www.goodfishing.i12.com/

[ 17. October 2003, 12:57 PM: Message edited by: Tony C ]

Regards Tony.

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."

The Mavers and the GFX alarms are both very good, extremely good for the money infact.

The fox micron m is also good, but if you have a bulky rod then the blank wont fit.

You will also need to buy a bobbin, they are often made from a chain, and a weight with a clip on it. Ask at your tackle store about them.

I use the Fox Micron ES alarms after years of good service from the micron M's. I can wholeheartedly recommend both, and advise you to avoid Badgers alarms, and also the cheaper £10 each ron thompson alarms which lasted me about five minutes. [my first bite alarms]

I use a fox mini micro and a fox micron m.

both are cheap and cheerfull alarms which I have used in all types of weather, day and night.

I put black insulating tape over both the speakers even though the micron m has tone controls.

I use both of these with a pair of fox micro swingers or a john wilson bobbin.

:cool:

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

My choices and recommendations are:-

1. A Delkim

2. A Delkim

3. A Delkim

delkim_plus1_small.JPG

In my experience and opinion after years of using them, there's nothing cheaper that does the job as well or better ..... sooner or later ... you'll end-up with Delkim .. trust me

I reckon they are the Nutz, and I've used quite a few others along the way ... some came close, but none better IMHO .. Delkims have a unique ultra-sensitive bi-directional sensing system ..

DG

[ 17. October 2003, 06:13 PM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]

As Diamond Geezer says Get the Delkims if you want the best and money is not a problem as you will end up buying them in the long term. Otherwise any of the others will do the job. Not as good as the Delks though!!

Keith

The more you learn, the more you know.

The more you know, the more you forget.

The more you forget, the less you know.

I've got a pair of Fox Ultron X3's they've served me well, work in the depths of winter rain, frost etc, and they're good for they're money

"Carp are hard to catch in the winter, that also goes for the spring, summer, and the autumn"