Sad state of specimen carp fishing

Pangolin

Newt:

Is it the Acerbic season in the UK just now?

Yes, mate, and it causes all manner of miffage, too. We've even got Acerbian refugees over here, you know.

Terry :D

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kleinboet:

CH***T, This has got to be the teen section of the forum. Maybe when you all grow up you'll be allowed on the main forum!

I've passed on the 'growing up' deal, mate, so if it's all the same to you, I'll give your main forum a miss, too.

Keeping three teenagers fed, housed and wearing the required trainers in pretentious Surrey, plus being a spokesman for the shooting sports and wearing several other advisory hats, is PLENTY serious enough for one life, thanks. When it comes to my precious pastime, I like to duck out of all that and just enjoy it.

If that appears to make me regress to a teen state, then I think I must be doing it right, mate.

Klein, some of us go fishing to escape the harsh realities of stressful living. Some of us even go fishing because we enjoy it. We all eventually return to our formative years, but that is a well known characteristic of later life. At the end of the day we are totally harmless, except Den, who can't handle his commas. We appreciate people who humour us in our dotage. Sort of a Last of the Summer Wine syndrome. Now, who does Cleggy remind me of? But worry not, we can also be deathly serious when the time comes.

trent.barbeler:

Why is it that big carp men are mostly well, er, BIG? Or fat if we want to be brutally honest.

It's because those plastic Shakespear seat-boxes aren't rated to 18 stone, unlike bedchairs!! :D

trent.barbeler:

Fat carp bloke looks on growling at the camera lens as if he's going to eat the camera man once the photos have been taken. No smile, just that gangster stare and fat face like a hamster's cheeks full of sunflower seeds.

It 'cos we're 'ard, none of dis fair wevver stuff for us!! :D

Seriously, aren't the pictures of the carp, more so than the angler??!!

Lastly Trentmaster, Wordy doesn't exactly fit your 'average' carpers description either. You see, when you say 'East End hard man' you get the picture in your head of Phil Mitchell off Eastenders. Wordy does look like something off a soap, a West End docu-soap to be precise, such as The Salon. :D

Gaffer:

Wordy does look like something off a soap, a West End docu-soap to be precise, such as The Salon. :D

Listen, Mush - you may be able to do that Oriental ballet-cobblers, but I won't have you dissin' The Salon!

Any more out of you, mush, and I'll pass yer details onto a few of my 'special relatives', nar'mean? :D

All the lads at The Salon send hugs.

Terry :D:D:D

Eeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwww, so who'se got nancyfied friends then!! I though you T.V. goggling, testosterone loaded bivvy boys were all bigger, harder, more macho then us poor specimens of inferior manhood, us mere pikers!!

Peter Waller:

you T.V. goggling, testosterone loaded bivvy boys were all bigger, harder, more macho then us poor specimens of inferior manhood, us mere pikers!!

S'true.

As President-elect, John Wayne (or Clint Eastwood), once said - 'A man should know his limitations.'

Yup.