River fishing put on hold!!!!

me

There have been many floods and flood warnings around this week. So if your going river fishing i wouldn't advise for you to go. I was going to go fly fishing this week in a river nearby but it is very close to bursting it's banks. :(:rolleyes:

Nathan

Genuine Taff

Probably...

I'll be there Nathan, I love a good flood, and so do barbel, so as long as you know where you are going get out there and fill your boots. (not literally :D )

It takes about 25 mins wading to my favourite swim, bl**dy hard work but worth it when you get there.

25 minutes wading.... You deserve every fish you get mate, and more. Or do I take it you mean 25 minutes worth of fishing whilst wading to get to your favourite swim?

Paul

Fair play to you both. I'd be very nervous of heading out to fish the lower Severn in it's flooded state (which is forecast for Thursday). There are a couple of places on the river I'm keen to fish but they're going to have to wait.

Take care out there!

Del

I think the Severn may be a different proposition than my local R.Avon,if the Avon comes up about 4'0" it is in the fields.

Paul, it's just under a 20 min walk in normal conditions,up to my knees in water it takes about 25 but it is well worth it,this particular swim is nothing in normal conditions but when the river is well in flood there is about 5'0" of depth and I can hold bottom with 2 swanshot,it is not a slack either, the main flow goes through the other side,but there is just a nice gentle flow through "my" side, and it's stuffed with fish. :cool:

There are often places like this to be found, you might get a surprise if you take a wander around even when the river is merely high and not in flood.Many new swims can become apparent

quote:

Originally posted by NathaN:

There have been many floods and flood warnings around this week. So if your going river fishing I wouldn't advise for you to go. I was going to go fly fishing this week in a river nearby but it is very close to bursting its banks. :(:rolleyes:

NathaN

Yup, things are tough river-wise at the moment, on planet Earth anyway .... but there's always Mars

:D

DG :cool:

Guest sslatter

PeterJC:

Flooded river AND WARM WEATHER - bl**dy brilliant!

Warm weather? You lucky so-and-so..it's flippin' freezing down here!

and here! In the near where i live you can't wade in it especially when it's flooded there's quick mud and it's too deep in parts.

Nathan

Genuine Taff

Probably...