How typical is this? Sad but is it usual?

Newt

On another forum an angler received an invite to join several others for a session of fishing at a venue he'd never visited. They were going to do an overnight stay.

Sad response (and he did seem sad) that he couldn't join them since he had no bite alarms and so couldn't fish at night.

Reply was that maybe he could join them for a day session some time.

All parties seemed to firmly believe that if you lacked proper bite alarms you were limited to daylight sessions and none seemed to even think of possibly sitting next to the rods until time for sleep and then winding in. They also seemed convinced that the only possible way to know you had a bite after dark was with a custom-make electronic, lights & buzzer, expensive, bite alarm.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Peter - please do comment. We in the colonies can certainly fish at night without electronic thingys but I really wondered if anglers from across the pond could.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

yes newt we can. myself and my mates fish during the night in summer .we use an item called nite lites they can be attached to your chosen indicator and lite up in the dark .we have one tent in case someone wants a kip ,but it is rarely used ....rob

[ 12. March 2004, 07:35 AM: Message edited by: rob.i ]

when you think you know everything think again....

I used to love watching a float with a starlight on at night. Really addictive stuff, especially when it goes underwater and you can still see it darting about.

Tell him to go, keep quiet and stick a bait in the margins.

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

You couldn't beat a good old Squeezy bottle top. Tremendous fun trying to unclip it with 4lb of Chub tugging back. Happy days. :D

Paul

If I were to comment Newt then I might have the Bivvy Boy Protection League on my back for knocking their activities! But yes, it is wholey sad. In some respects it was a sad day for angling when the battery was invented.

Whew - what a relief to finally learn for sure that night fishing is possible. :D

I suspect the guys who were sure it wasn't possible were really young and obviously not AN regulars.