lure scents?

kendo

If they are thin enough to spray on then, maybe, they are thin enough to wash off!

Smelly Jelly from Harris Angling is good, as is UltraBite and probably a number of fish oils. Just soak a small piece of foam rubber in oil. The rubber, by the way, being threaded onto the trace with a baiting needle.

kendo:

are there any such things as spray scents for lures?if so are they any good :)

There are certainly sprays. As to 'are they any good', you'll find lure anglers who wouldn't be without them and lure anglers who never use them.

My personal opinion is that they don't do any harm and when the bite is slow, they may just be the edge you need to turn a fishless outing into one with some fish on the bank.

Try http://www.basspro.com and search for scents to get an idea of the range available for US lure anglers. We may not have ready made boilies and we may not have most of the great flavors you folks can buy but lure scents - we got lots. :D

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Yes. It's one I carry all the time along with 2 or 3 of the BANG scents.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I've got some Halco catch scent that I picked up in Oz. I've not tried it yet but it's apparently based on hormones rather than the usual fish oils.

I meant to give it a bash with big slowly retrieved pike flies this summer because I figure that it's goota be better on a slow moveing bait, but I never got the chance to give it a try.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I have placed soft rubber baits and hard plastic crank baits into a sealed tub of crayfish flavouring. I found that it did make a difference to my lure fishing on a small river near to me that is infested with signal Crayfish.

I managed to catch all sorts on the lures. including small Barbel, Carp, Chub, Brown and Rainbow trout Perch, Pike, schoolie Zander, and feral Sturgeon.

I found that Pike will hold a hard crankbait for longer, when it has been glugged in Crayfish flavouring.

Small rubber shads coated in worm flavouring also work great for Perch, Chub and Rainbows.

During the winter I will pack Spinnerbaits, and deep diving crankbaits in with my frozen deadbaits. I don't know if it works, but my average when winter Piking is almost a 50-50 split between Lures and deadbaits. Even in the most dire of weather conditions.

Thats interesting Surface.As Newt can tell you the US anglers dip all their artificials in glugs and sprays etc.

Newt when I was researching my Alligator Gar trips I corresponded a lot with a guide (name escapes me at the moment)who sent me some of the Kickin Bass spray when it first came out.He hoped it might help in my attempt to catch a big lure caught cat.He really rated it.I havnt made my mind up if works but I did spray it on the Dahlberg Diver that I caught my first(in fact only!)100lb+ fly caught cat on.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!