Considering making the switch to pole fishing...

PhilZenith

I'm based in Milton Keynes, a little far from St Neots I know, but would be happy to spend a day or evening on a suitable venue (depending on what you want and when) to give an intro to pole fishing - this applies equally to anyone, not just Phil.

Will

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kendo and Elton are right - pole fishing is another method to catch fish. I used my float and ledger rod with quite good results, but watched the pole anglers feed and then place their bait with pinpoint accuracy so I bought a pole from a car boot sale. It was old and heavy, but I persevered and, many tangles later, I can just about manage one!

When you go to a water and select your swim, you automatically (if you are using your watercraft skills) decide to float or ledger fish to a certain spot. There are occasions when you cannot cast because of overhead snags or you want to put the bait into a very small area and thats when the pole comes into its own.

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

many many thanks to all your comments so far guys.

Im starting to realise that what from the outset seems a relatively easy form of fishing, also needs a lot of practice and skill in setting up the pole,elastic & bush etc. I will definatley start up a "phils pole fund" jar sometime soon! :)

Will,

Do you ever go to Tingrith Fishery? I visited a few weeks ago thought it was a great place. Its a 60 mile round trip for me but i thought it was well worth it. For a place thats virtually "under" the M1, you dont really notice its there!

Maybe we could meet up there one day?

WTV

went down to one of my local commercials the other night for a quick confidence booster before the rivers open - the place was packed, got the last peg - I was the only angler using a rod, and hey presto, the only angler catching!...took my telescopic shimano rod, reel (in pocket), net, and chair. Everything else was in my shorts pockets..

each to their own as stated earlier, how some of those old blokes cart all that tackle round is beyond me, and I got more than a few envious looks

:D:D

Roll on June the 16th!

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields