Forum Member John Knox

Elton

This is a bit awkward. I have been informed that an angler who was most likely a member of these forums passed away suddenly recently. I know that his name was John Knox, but the person who emailed me didn't know what name he posted under here, which made me realise that most of us don't know each other's real names.

If you know this member, please reply here.

Our condolences to John's family and friends. It is always sad when somebody dies, but so much more so when they are stolen from us at far too young an age.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Elton,

I am not an expert on these things, but is there a way of you capturing the real names when people join, or us being able to add it so that it can only be seen by you

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

This is a bit awkward. I have been informed that an angler who was most likely a member of these forums passed away suddenly recently. I know that his name was John Knox, but the person who emailed me didn't know what name he posted under here, which made me realise that most of us don't know each other's real names.

Our condolences to John's family and friends. It is always sad when somebody dies, but so much more so when they are stolen from us at far too young an age.

A friend has a mate called John Knox, who is an angler. Unfortunately, I don't know JK personally, and my mate left on a two week holiday at the weekend so I can't contact him for any further details.

Only things I (think) I know about this JK is that he was / is a member of Wansbeck Angling (just north of Newcastle upon Tyne), and may have had an interest in carp?

• 1 month later...

Hi Elton, John Knox was known as oldmouldy he was a good friend of mine who lived for fishing. Sadly passed in Nov last year.

Regards Martin.

Sorry to hear that Martin :(

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

Hi Elton, John Knox was known as oldmouldy he was a good friend of mine who lived for fishing. Sadly passed in Nov last year.

Regards Martin.

Thank you, Martin.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• 3 months later...

Regards Martin.

Hello

I was an old friend of John's and got back in touch with him a couple of years ago and had not heard anything since October last year - I have just found out he died suddenly and wondered if it was his heart, very sad just wondered if you had any information at all.

thanks

Heather

01392 430541 / 0774 8706532

heatherfowle@whale-mail.com

:(

Yet another reason why I feel all users should have their correct name and location in their profile at least.

Your posts are usualy filled with good sense...but I could fill a page with reasons why I don't think that would be a good idea.

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

Your posts are usualy filled with good sense...but I could fill a page with reasons why I don't think that would be a good idea.

Whys that Emma? surely your name and area wouldnt be giving away information that could be used against you? Obviosly exact details may not be a good idea but please expand as I may be missing out on the obvious here?

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!